UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Speed

purple_mog

:waves:

Hey all - I've been finding it REALLY slow to log into the Refuge for weeks now, worst in Chrome but pretty bad in Explorer too. Is it just me??? Seems equally bad on my office PC and my own laptop, no problems or delays on other sites though :(

I miss you all

It's been really slow, but I think Pingu has just made some changes - there was a plan to move to new hosting too, not sure if that has happened yet?

Seems to be motoring along nicely for me this morning anyway. I'm using Chrome.

I did some stuff to the database over the weekend that should have sped things up a bit. not yeyt moved to the new hosts (some teething problems with configuration) but the brief tests i did there were good - until it all crashed and went badly wrong:) )

I am finding it very slow but not as bad as as it was a few days ago! I have IE7 but did try IE8 and my pooter went haywireunsure.gif

My computer bloke said it was because I have XP and at the moment it isn't very compatible with IE8rolleyes.gif

I thought it was because I have IE7 and that was slowing things down but it seems ok with other sitesunsure.gif

I am finding it very slow but not as bad as as it was a few days ago! I have IE7 but did try IE8 and my pooter went haywireunsure.gif

My computer bloke said it was because I have XP and at the moment it isn't very compatible with IE8rolleyes.gif

I thought it was because I have IE7 and that was slowing things down but it seems ok with other sitesunsure.gif

ie7 has some major issues with the board software so it most certainly wont be helping

if you can upgrade to 8 then i would do so as IE7 is very old browser technology these days and has got some secuity holes in it that have been plugged by 8. there are no real issues with using ie8 on windows xp these days. there was an initial problem with xp sp3 but thats long been fixed. other browsers seem to work ok too i like google chrome but firefox works well too

the board still isnt as fast as i would like it to be but its miles better than it was a couple of weeks ago. the monitoring software is showing that response times have dropped form an average 14 seconds to about 6 (which still isnt great but is a lot better)

Sorry to be awkward, but I've found the forum much slower over the last couple of days.

i hate you... :)

there will be issues for a while yet until i can get everything migrated t the new hosting company. thereis little else I can do at the moment as the remaining issues are caused by stuff i have no control over.

early evenings seem to be worst for me which is a pain in the arse as this is probably the boards busyest time