UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Birthday Walks

Laura_E

North East Birthday Walk - Sunday 18 April, Millenium Bridge and Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne, 11.00am.

The quayside has a sunday market and it's always busy, walk around the Quayside, lots of coffee/eating places so should be busy, walk across Millenium Bridge to Baltic and then to the Sage, back across Swing Bridge to Quayside.

It should be busy as the market has lots of crafts, cakes etc and there's plenty of people about - good to promote Oldies. Anyone interested please let me know, have also posted on Facebook on my page and Oldies.

Are we allowed to carry donation tins? or do we need some kind of licence??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The response to the London walk has been poor to say the least. So far the only confirmed guests are me, Eve and two of my friends (and one of them doesn't even have a dog!). Some people on the Pets as Therapy group have said that they will attend, but I'm not feeling too confident.

It's a bit disappointing, but short of dragging people there under duress I'm not sure what I can do to stir up interest unsure.gif

Laura, did you try your facebook page and cross post to other forums too ?

Amy set up an event invitation on Facebook (link:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106998765995234&ref=mf) and I have invited quite a few people from my friends list and Amy sent it out to a few people as well. Four have declined and the rest haven't responded yet.

I have invited people from the Pets as Therapy group and Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare, but I'm not on any other forums.

Laura where are the details,can crosspost onto a few forums and will add to Facebook as well

The link to the Facebook invite is above.

The details are also on the OC event calendar: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=79

Thanks flowers.gif

The response to the London walk has been poor to say the least. So far the only confirmed guests are me, Eve and two of my friends (and one of them doesn't even have a dog!). Some people on the Pets as Therapy group have said that they will attend, but I'm not feeling too confident.

It's a bit disappointing, but short of dragging people there under duress I'm not sure what I can do to stir up interest unsure.gif

On your other thread both Rufus the Wonderdog and I have said we hope to be there. I have a friend who hopefully will be coming along too, she doesn't have a dog though!

On your other thread both Rufus the Wonderdog and I have said we hope to be there. I have a friend who hopefully will be coming along too, she doesn't have a dog though!

I had you both down as a maybe. Val has responded as a maybe on the Facebook invite.

If you can make it then that would be great :flowers:

Is the London walk on June 13th? T'is a fair way off ... you are way toooo organised ;-)

I'll see what shift my other half is on and if possible we'll bring along Amy and Juna - neither are oldies but we fall into that category!

AmyAndJuna.jpg

Hope whiskey is well. I was the one that dropped him off all those weeks ago.

Cheers

Graham + Tanja

I haven't had a massive response to the North East walk either but I'm doing it even if it ends up only me and Ginny!!! No, there'll be a bout four of us for definite but don't care, will still do it.

Amy - did you find a bandana for Ginny??

cheers