UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Fugees In The London, Surrey, Middlesex Area..

Laura_E

To celebrate the Oldies Club turning five in the spring, the area coordinators have been asked to arrange walks around the country to help mark the occasion. This will be a great opportunity for animal lovers to get together and celebrate the success that the OC has had over the past five years and remember all the dogs that they have helped.

As the OC London coordinator, I would love to arrange a walk locally with as many fugees present as possible.

So if you live in the London, Middlesex or surrounding areas and would like to come along, please let me know any weekends that you are free.

I have thought of a couple of parks that might be nice, but I would be interested in other peoples opinions and if you have any suggestions please add them to this thread.

These are my suggestions:

• Richmond Park
  • Bushy Park
  • Wimbledon Common
  • Virginia Waters (I know it's not London, but it's not too far out)

Please let me know what your thoughts are, I would love finally get the chance to meet some fugees and their dogs. :flowers:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the south west area so that's why I've suggested those places as they're the ones I know, but this is very much a work in progress. The aim is to go to the place that is the most convenient for the majority. If you know of any nice places in your area then please put them down as it may be that north London has the majority of fugees :flowers:

I'm not sure who the Hertfordshire coordinator is but they may well be organising a walk too.

I was just about to suggest Battersea Park, but it's south London again! :rolleyes:

It's all very south London. Though I guess it's doable for us further north of the Thames. Is there a Hertfordshire walk organised as maybe that's nearer for me?

Hi Eve

Unfortunately we dont currently have a Hertfordshire regional co-ordinator but we are quite happy for members of The Refuge to organise a walk to help celebrate if they wish.

Amy

Sorry - my post sounded very whingey and I didn't mean it to be :blush02: As I have never bothered to get off my a*se and volunteer to be a co-ordinator or organise a walk it was a bit rude of me to sound as though I was criticising the efforts of those who have. Sorry Laura :flowers: I'd love to come on a walk in south London or Surrey if I can.

We might be up for something in Richmond or Bushey or Wimbledon Common.

Excellent. I take it you live in the south west area too then?

Sorry - my post sounded very whingey and I didn't mean it to be :blush02: As I have never bothered to get off my a*se and volunteer to be a co-ordinator or organise a walk it was a bit rude of me to sound as though I was criticising the efforts of those who have. Sorry Laura :flowers: I'd love to come on a walk in south London or Surrey if I can.

Please don't apologise, I didn't think you were whinging at all. :flowers:

You made a good point, all my suggestions are in the south west area. Maybe doing something more centrally would be better? Regents Park is lovely, as is Primrose Hill. I guess parking and traffic could be a problem though. At the moment it's just a case of thrashing out some ideas so if anyone has any other suggestions please put them down. :flowers:

Excellent, so there are potentially five of us. Hopefully some more people will be able to make it too and I'm sure some of us can drag friends and family along.

If Cher can't to take part in the walk part, it would be nice to go somewhere that has an inside cafe area so that she doesn't freeze or get too bored waiting. I know it will be taking place in the spring time and technically shouldn't be cold, but we all know what the great English weather is like! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to give this a bump to see if anybody else is interested in attending, and for those that have already expressed an interest- could you please let me know which park/common is best for you.

Also, I was thinking May time would be best as the weather will be nicer, but if this isn't convenient for anyone please let me know what dates are best. I am unable to do 29th-30th May, but any other weekend is good.

If you could add it to this thread that would be great, then we can all keep an eye on it.

Thanks. :flowers: