UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Camping Weekend 25th-27th June

lil_angel

I am coming along with my friend Karen and her staffie boy. Its her birthday Friday but bringing a birthday cake for us all to share on Saturday she said not to say anything but she is a star. :flowers:

Not sure if to bring Otis he as a collie and has a coat better suited for welsh mountain tops

Can they cope in the reported 28 degrees that is on Saturday? cannot make up my mind? any suggestions if ok to bring him

:wacko:

Thank you

Bekki you will have worn yourself by Saturday at this rate. I hear another foster is coming your way

Not sure how Spirit is going to cope with the heat and his Husky fur, he is really suffering in the heat bless him. He is due his bath tomorrow, and ill get the furminator out and strip him down as much as possible without getting bald spots :glare: I shouldnt see it being a problem bringing the collie. Just may have to bring some towels to keep them cooled down.

Spirit says he has brought chicken nuggarts for his borthday party, and some sausage rolls and some cocktail sausages. But he may have to wrestle me for the cocktail sausages :laugh:

Yeah my next foster due in. My house has been foster proofed and crate has been erected ready for next week. :wink:

And dont forget sun cream for both yourselves and the dogs. Supposed to peak at 30 during the weekend *phew*

Edited by Moonbladez

Im bringing Louie's towelling coat to soak and put on him if its gets incredibly hot. The nice thing about the dog walks on the campsite is that they have very shaded areas. I do have a paddling pool for Louie but the campisite staff probably wouldnt approve.

The woods on site are very shaded,there is a riverside walk in Charlbury a short drive from the site if it really gets too bad.

Ooh, can you tell me where that is please? Jack would be in heaven in a river!!!

It topped at 32 degrees in the awning but as lynn says, loads of shaded walks, mine just want to bounce about like loons. Scruffy v disappointed to find the chickens had gone :)

Thanks for the update :flowers: Keep us posted, I have no idea what clothes to bring and I will do a panic shop tomorrow for bit and pieces :laugh:

Ooh, can you tell me where that is please? Jack would be in heaven in a river!!!

It's the road where railway station is Dyers Hill,I parked in Co-op car park and it's about 5 minutes walk from there.Can't remember if it's possible to park on Dyers Hill.

Not sure if map will show it and for some reason I can't edit anything here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=charlbury&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.540145,28.081055&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Charlbury,+Chipping+Norton,+Oxfordshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.873841,-1.484495&spn=0.002941,0.006856&t=h&z=17

Just move map to the right and you can see the river,there's public footpaths there.

Fab! Thank you so much. We have never needed water before, but it is one of the few pleasures left to Jack. :wub: If there is the opportunity we like him to have it. :flowers:

I just did the google street view and "saw" the river from the bridge! :biggrin:

Cherry will love going in to "save" Jack! :laugh:

Edited by houndzrus

If possible would be interested in tagging along on the river walk pleez. Louie loves paddling. Not that you would believe it from when we went to Cotswold Water Park last time :rolleyes:

That would be good :biggrin: Less chance of getting lost!

we'll miss you Georgina :flowers: