UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gorgeous Jet

misty3202

We were lucky enough to meet and adopt the lovely Jet on Saturday :):).

What can I say about him? He's the 1st larger breed we've ever had and he is just wonderful. I'd been told how lovely he was, but nothing could have prepared us!

We will post photo's shortly but, in the meantime, just to say that Jet is a perfect gentleman, with very good manners. He's sleeping well, eating well, and has generally settled very quickly. He comes to the office with us every day, and everyone at work has fallen in love with him too. Although he's a bit stiff, he's

playful and found himself a tennis ball on only his 2nd walk, which he proceeded to carry home.

I'd say he was 100% perfect - except that we have just found out he's a bit of a thief (labrador, thief? :)) in pet shops. Once he realised all the food was in bags and he couldn't get to it, he decided to help himself to a parrot soft toy off the shelf, so of course we had to treat him!

Can't say anymore really - he's just wonderful.

laugh.gif Look forward to the photos, it's always nice to see an oldie well settled.

He's settled out of it more now & only chews his things but when Thor (Gsd x lab) first arrived I'd never had a dog like him for nicking stuff & chewing bits of it if he was given the chance.

You can "allegedly" (mine never arrived despite being told a second pack would be sent out glare.gif ) get a free trial & some money off vouchers for pedigrees joint challenge if you want to try it. Claims a good success rate in tests though personally I'm not convinced that there aren't more effective products available (ie with higher dosages of glucosamine etc)

http://www.bringbackthebounce.co.uk/jointcare/bbtb/challenge.asp

I'm so pleased that Jet has his new home with a lovely family. Great too that he has stayed in the north east. He was such a pleasure to transport, and walked into his foster carers home as if he was visiting an old friend - made straight for the toy basket. I was very surprised that his foster carers didnt adopt him themselves because they seemed to take to him straight away (I hope they are continuing to foster because they were lovely and had a lovely home for an oldie). Look forward to meeting up with you again Frances and meeting the gorgeous Jet again. As we're not too far away we should meet up for a walk and you can meet Ginny too.

Oh I love a happy ending xxxxxx smile.gif

Thank you for giving Jet his well deserved forever home, he sounds perfect. I have a soft spot for labs and I fell in love with Jet's eyes wub.gif And yes being a greedy thief comes with being a Lab. tongue.gif I remmeber Sandy trying to walk off with a 3kg bag of food when I took him to Pets At Home... shame it was cat food. He looked heart broken when i put it back glare.gif

Cant wait to see pictures *taps foot waiting*

As for those Pedigree Joint things.. I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole. I asked a vet about them when Sandy was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, and he said they werent worth the cardboard they were packaged in. Sandy is now on Green Lipped Mussel, Glucosamine and that one being with Chr... I swear if I shoke him he would rattle. But he seems happy and less creeky huh.gif

Well, either hubby's got slower over the past week, or Jet has got faster ;).

We've changed Jet's diet gradually and now he's off his complete food and onto a mixture of raw, fish, veg and Chappie. We also have some glucosamine and chrondotin (sp?) on order for his stiff joints, but I'm sure he's a bit more mobile already.

It was very funny this morning when it was time to go back to the car. Jet became convenienty deafer and faster as hubby tried to catch up

with him!

Think a trip to the beach may be on the cards tomorrow, as Jet loves the water.