UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Meet......

Wendbert

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sofy was fine when she met the boys but I bought her straight in the house after collecting her and did introductions through the babygate in the doorway. She's been very submissive to them, probably as she know's she is the newest and lowest ranking.

It's when she is out that Sofy reacts - lunging and barking at other dogs. By all accounts, her previous owners didn't do any training with her and instead either didn't walk her or avoided other dogs when they could. Apparently she wasn't let offlead as she would "run up to other dogs and bark". Having said that, she never actually had a fight but they just didn't know how to control the behaviour and try and correct it.

Despite this, she was loved and is in fantastic condition - just owners who couldn't cope anymore :(

We're back from the Downs and I am mostly like this -> :biggrin: Sofy was a star, bless her, taking no notice of what looked like a gathering of Bassett Hounds. A young Cocker spaniel came running up to her, she said hello, then came straight to me when I called her :wub:

Exploring with Wiggle:

adowns1.jpg

Pretty girl:

adowns2.jpg

Sniffing:

adowns3.jpg

Waiting with Wiggle for me to throw the ball:

adowns4.jpg

Bringing the ball back to me:

adowns5.jpg

Watching Wiggle:

adowns6.jpg

I really wasn't sure how Sofy would react to the other dogs but she was so good, either saying hello nicely or taking little notice and playing with Wiggle instead. While she was running with Wiggle, every time I called her back she immediately did a u-turn and came straight to me. Her brakes aren't so good though :laugh: