UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Raw Feeders

celeste

I cheated a bit and cooked the meat I got :rolleyes: added some cooked carrot and tomatoes and pasta, which I know your not supposed to do but I need to get some weight on him, so at least I know he likes rabbit, I will eventually feed him raw, but I don't feel confident enough to ditch the water wings yet :laugh:

I'll get some SA-37 next week, is that a multi vit ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cheated a bit and cooked the meat I got :rolleyes: added some cooked carrot and tomatoes and pasta, which I know your not supposed to do but I need to get some weight on him, so at least I know he likes rabbit, I will eventually feed him raw, but I don't feel confident enough to ditch the water wings yet :laugh:

I'll get some SA-37 next week, is that a multi vit ?

.....or not, SA-37 seems to be discontinued :unsure:

Be careful with the tomato as a lot of dogs don't tolerate it very wellsad.gif It's something to do with the citric acid I believe.

I have a dog who had terrible problems with belly ache and gassy intestines so much so he had to have major investigations and cost a fortunerolleyes.gif

He used to be in agony especially in the evenings and we thought we were actually going to lose him.

Silly Mummy should have realised it was the tomato rolleyes.gif He never had a problem with it before but I know through trial and error it was definitely causing him big problems. Even left over baked beans made him very poorly because of the tomato sauce.

I thought I would mention it in case your doglet was a bit 'off' and you would think it was the raw meat that was causing the troublesmile.gif

Be careful with the tomato as a lot of dogs don't tolerate it very wellsad.gif It's something to do with the citric acid I believe.

I have a dog who had terrible problems with belly ache and gassy intestines so much so he had to have major investigations and cost a fortunerolleyes.gif

He used to be in agony especially in the evenings and we thought we were actually going to lose him.

Silly Mummy should have realised it was the tomato rolleyes.gif He never had a problem with it before but I know through trial and error it was definitely causing him big problems. Even left over baked beans made him very poorly because of the tomato sauce.

I thought I would mention it in case your doglet was a bit 'off' and you would think it was the raw meat that was causing the troublesmile.gif

:flowers:

I'll keep an eye on him, Spud has a similar reaction to rice, although not as bad as your dog.

Just clearing out some stuff and I found a copy of THE BARF DIET which I will be shoving on eBay shortly if you're interested :flowers: It tells you the basic principles and how to balance the diet.

Oooo, yes please, how much ?

Ben's started getting picky again.....swine, although he's still keener on home cooked than shop stuff, I think it's just a matter of finding what he likes, so far he liked Prize Choice rabbit and tripe, but not their lamb, he's not to fond of Natures Menu raw stuff at all, and can't say I blame him, it doesn't even smell like meat :unsure:

I've ordered a new tall freezer, which we'll use and have the old chest freezer for Ben's meat, so I need to wait till that arrives before I can get proper meat.

Celeste, have you got an abbatoir near you? That's where I get all Eve's bones from :wink:

I don't, I think the nearest one is about 30 miles away,I'm just about to order some stuff from the guy in Leslie, watch this, the big sod'll decide he's gone off BARF :laugh:

I tried him with some tinned Applaws dog food, not interested, raw beef and tripe, yes please :rolleyes:

Just made my first order, could someone give me an opinion please, don't know if I've got a decent range :unsure:

beef and tripe

minced heart

choice chunks (mix of different types of offal)

minced rabbit

minced venison

minced chicked

liver chunks

raw lamb ribs and spine

I went for mainly minced stuff to start with, so he can't pick out the added veg, depending on what he likes I'll get the whole rabbits and whole pheasant next time.