UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Elderly Dog Found

GoldenOldie

I have posted in the lost and found section and we have notified the police and the emergency dog warden service about this old fellow.

He was found yesterday on Rochester Avenue in Chorlton cum Hardy, South Manchester. He was wandering in the road and trying to drink from puddles but does not appear ill or neglected; he was very thirsy and drank frequently for several hours but that settled overnight and his intake is now aeverage.

He is at least 12+ with cataracts and is a little wobbly on his back legs, will be off to the vets for an MOT tomorrow. He is a small lab type crossbreed, black with white whiskers and is very friendly and clearly used to living in a house and travelling in a car.

The kind person who found him walked him round the local area asking if anyone had seen him before but with no luck. He is wearing a collar with a disc but the phone number on it is no longer active according to BT. Both the phone number and his microchip are from Kent but no reponse from either.

He is now safe in foster with me thro' a local sanctuary and tomorrow we'll trawl local vets in the area and also use the Manchester Evening News.

If any oldies supporters are in the Manchester area and have any other ideas please post as we're hoping the old boy is just lost and not abandoned.

Poor boy, so glad that he has wonderful people helping him :flowers:

You could notify Doglost of a dog found:

http://www.doglost.co.uk

I can't see any dogs on there reported as missing from the north west, which resemble your description, but they could list him as found in case his owners make contact.

Really hope he has a loving family out looking for him, please keep us updated :)

Thank you everyone for your responses. The old boy has gone from strength to strength today and has been much less agitated around my other dogs when food is being prepared! He understands sit, gently and stay and seems steadier on his back legs, probably dehydrated yesterday. Ignores the cats and kissed my little old collie x this morning wagging his tail. She was less enthusiastic as he'd grumbled at her yesterday!

He's a neutered male. I'll try to download some photos this evening.

Thank you all for your help and I will keep you posted.

Sally.

He is definitely mine. I can't tell you how relieved I am. Thank you so much for taking him in. My mobile is xxxxxxxx. Can't wait to hear from you.

Sian

xxx

I have posted in the lost and found section and we have notified the police and the emergency dog warden service about this old fellow.

He was found yesterday on Rochester Avenue in Chorlton cum Hardy, South Manchester. He was wandering in the road and trying to drink from puddles but does not appear ill or neglected; he was very thirsy and drank frequently for several hours but that settled overnight and his intake is now aeverage.

He is at least 12+ with cataracts and is a little wobbly on his back legs, will be off to the vets for an MOT tomorrow. He is a small lab type crossbreed, black with white whiskers and is very friendly and clearly used to living in a house and travelling in a car.

The kind person who found him walked him round the local area asking if anyone had seen him before but with no luck. He is wearing a collar with a disc but the phone number on it is no longer active according to BT. Both the phone number and his microchip are from Kent but no reponse from either.

He is now safe in foster with me thro' a local sanctuary and tomorrow we'll trawl local vets in the area and also use the Manchester Evening News.

If any oldies supporters are in the Manchester area and have any other ideas please post as we're hoping the old boy is just lost and not abandoned.

Edited by Fee
Have edited this to remove the phone number as I assume contact has now been made

Thank you everyone for your help. Ironically had a migraine so didn't check my e-mails yesterday evening after 10 as I usually do and last checked the forum at 6ish so missed the posts. Anyway, the old fellow has had another good night and is unquestionably Sian's dog - photos match perfectly. I have her number and will ring her about 7:30, I'm sure she must be desperate to see the boy! Just off to give him and my 3 their breakfast.

Will post later to update.

Sally.