UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fish 4 Dogs - Complete Food - Anyone Feed It?

ReikiAnge

I have been looking at the complete dog food on the Fish 4 Dogs site and wondered if anyone feeds it to their dogs? My dogs love their treats and I currently give them some Arden Grange salmon as well as their Naturediet but am looking at the Fish 4 Dogs salmon - link - it looks pretty good to me and is listed as a working dog food so is VAT free :)

Any thoughts? :flowers:

Teddy Texas is on this at the moment; but not on its own or in large amounts. He gets very unhappy if his bowl is empty, even when he is not hungry, unless he his about to go out. So he gets a handful of some biscuit type complete food to see him through the night. As its dry it doesnt attract flies etc or go smelly if left. This is on top of his brown rice plus nature diet/first class.

I am looking to see if it has effect on his itchy licky attacks. Its been a week ; his flatulence is not so noticeable, no other differencee yet except His breath is still good

I think he likes it. He has always been rather partial to a sardine ( in small pieces please)

On its own I think it would be a bit too rich for him being a bit sedate.

Thanks lester :flowers:

It does look good doesn't it? Victoria, I didn't see any mention of samples but worth emailing to ask them I would say.

Mine love fish, don't think there'll be any problem with them eating it and I like that it has a higher meat content than most dry foods. I like their little training treats too.

Ange thats looks similar to one I tried for my lot a

couple of months ago, packaged the same way too.

Not sure if it's the same or not as I cant remember the name, this

was working dog VAT free too, if it is it made my lot go twice on the

same walk.

One poo was fine, good consistancy, size/colour/smell etc, the

second one the would do on the walk was very dry and crumbly, so

I switched back to JWB lamb & rice last night.

I still have the tag that stated the ingedients and levels so

will check it tonight with what they list on their site.

This one was a wheat & gluten free one though

That's good to hear Nettie :) Mine are doing great on what they are on, I don't have any complaints about the Arden Grange as a dry food, just like the idea that this other one is a higher meat content, more in line with the Naturediet, though in dry form.

Would be good to know what you tried Nige, thanks :flowers: Skinners has a few VAT free "working dog" foods too but I know that's not the same food, have had samples of that in the past.

Apart from Orijen, this one seems about the highest meat % in a dry food which is what caught my interest - and Orijen sounds great, just a bit more expensive I think.

In case anyone else is interested, I've checked with Fish 4 Dogs and they don't test on animals (well only by seeing if their own/friends' dogs like their stuff!) and their foods are free of nasty additives and don't contain any BHA/BHT.

Apart from Orijen, this one seems about the highest meat % in a dry food which is what caught my interest - and Orijen sounds great, just a bit more expensive I think.

If you bought Orijen from GJW Titmus it would work out cheaper, although you'd be getting 2k less, they sell Orijen for £45.99 for a 13K bag but do free delivery (and a free toy) Fish4Dogs charge £5 to deliver so you'd save £3

If you bought Orijen from GJW Titmus it would work out cheaper, although you'd be getting 2k less, they sell Orijen for £45.99 for a 13K bag but do free delivery (and a free toy) Fish4Dogs charge £5 to deliver so you'd save £3

It's not necessarily cheaper if you get 2kg less though is it :unsure::laugh: I got free delivery as I have been using their treats for a while so bought in bulk. I do really like the sound of Orijen though, may well give that a go at some point :flowers:

No-one tell me anything awful now please as I've ordered :laugh: Will report back once they've tried it.

I shall be interested to hear how they like it. I use Orijen when I am travelling up and down to France and my two absolutely adore it. I buy mine from Zooplus who do free delivery £46.95 inclusive for 13.5Kg and I can always find a voucher on line that gives me 5% off so always pay less than £46.95.