UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fish 4 Dogs - Complete Food - Anyone Feed It?

ReikiAnge

• 3 weeks later...

An update in case anyone else is remotely interested :laugh:

The dogs have been very happy to eat the Fish4Dogs, their poos are good, coats look great etc., so no complaints. Not sure they look/seem any different than they were on the Arden Grange but I like the higher meat (fish) content of the Fish4Dogs one.

Really pleased with their treats, we've been using the little star treats and I also bought a box of the fish skin bones which they absolutely love.

If you bought Orijen from GJW Titmus it would work out cheaper, although you'd be getting 2k less, they sell Orijen for £45.99 for a 13K bag but do free delivery (and a free toy) Fish4Dogs charge £5 to deliver so you'd save £3

Have decided to give Orijen a go next as I do very much like the sound of it and I've always wanted to try it for them - I do hope it's as good as I've been told :wink: I shall report back in a few weeks when they've got through the rest of the Fish4Dogs and started on the Orijen :) Then I shall decide whether to stick with one of the new ones or go back to Arden Grange I guess.

I would really like in theory to feed them raw, I just can't yet face it and we barely have the freezer storage space for our own food.

I really rate Orijen having tried it this year for the first time for my two (raw fed dogs) while we were travelling. When you get round to it double check Zooplus prices for Orijen as they also do free delivery and you can always find a 5% discount voucher on line somewhere for them - here is one of the sites I use http://www.retailmenot.com/view/zooplus.co.uk (don't go to the UK site)

I find raw a great deal cheaper than feeding dry food but I am lucky I do have two large freezers here.

Glad they've taken to the Fish4Dogs, once you've tried the Orijen why not swap between the two foods ? I do, they are on Orijen 70% of the time but I do swap for a few weeks at a time, just to give them a change, I also give them a bit of raw lamb breast once a week to keep their teeth clean and give their guts something proper to work on.

I'll see how they get on :) They will still be having Naturediet too as I'm just not keen feeding them only dry food (and yes I know people say a complete food should just be fed on its own but I wouldn't want them to just eat brown pellets). I do add things to the dry food often too, bit of yoghurt, cottage cheese, our leftovers, smoked salmon trimmings etc.

If I fed them lamb breast I think it would be my guts that were being worked on :laugh: I really can't bear raw meat and am still working myself up to one day giving it a go.

Anne, I tried ordering from Zooplus before (not Orijen, something else) but they ran out of stock and failed to tell me while I sat waiting for a delivery and I was then without dog food so it put me off.

Thanks for the ideas/comments :flowers: Rob's not hugely interested in discussing dog food (whatever you think is best dear is usually the response :laugh:) so tis nice to have someone that is to talk to :biggrin:

Mine get Natures Diet too for their lunch, I agree about not feeding them exclusively on kibble,I can't imagine that can be good for the kidney's.

I got fed up with Zooplus, they used to be great for delivery, but now it takes about a week to get stuff from them, and quite often the bag would be burst, or the contents crushed, I get mine from GJW Titmuss, and get it free delivery for the 13K bag (and a free toy) for a quid less than Zooplus.

Yes and GJW Titmus are an English firm !!!!!! I mix the Orijen with raw minced meat from landywoods when we are travelling as I agree all dry dog food is waaaaaaaay to hard on the kidneys.

Haven't had a problem with Zooplus - took 3 days to arrive to me either here in the UK or at the house in France, but you are right about Titmus being cheaper had a look at their website earlier

Haven't had a problem with Zooplus - took 3 days to arrive to me either here in the UK or at the house in France, but you are right about Titmus being cheaper had a look at their website earlier

It's weird their delivery, I've tried both options, and they are as bad as each other, they used to be really good, I'd always have my food on the third day, never fail, and then it just went down hill all of a sudden, it does say that items can take up to seven days, but coupled with the state the food arrived in, It wasn't worth sticking with them.