UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blidworth Woods - Sherwood Forest Area

Jacobean

Crossposting from elsewhere

Just had an urgent email from the manager of my local rescue centre warning me not to go to the woods with my dogs because 15 dogs have already died of suspected poisoning

There are woods situated all round the village - we are within Sherwood Forest - so trying to establish which ones are the problem.

It could be someone deliberately laying bait for dogs to take, something the Forestry Commission have put down or a naturally occuring toxin ( like the blue algae on stagnant ponds which affects the nervous systems and produces symptoms of poisoning).

Watch this space.

The person who originally posted the information at the start of this thread has now posted this:

"There is now an "official" notice up at the entrance to the Dale Lane woods from The Forestry Commission advising people to keep dogs on a lead as a number of dogs have fallen ill from visiting the area. It goes on to say that " veterinary services and other agencies are investigating to establish the cause"

I emailed the Forestry Commission yesterday and they have confirmed:

Thank you for your query regarding these reports.

To date we have received reports of 5 dogs that have died in the local area. As to date the reason for these deaths is unknown we are advising dog owners to keep their dogs on leads.

Regards

Sherwood Forest District

Poor dogs :mecry: It seems that they don't know the cause of the deaths yet but are advising caution while exercising your dogs in the area :flowers:

Can a mod change the title of this thread please. Whilst the person who originally posted this item did say they were within Sherwood Forest area apparently this is causing problems to locals as it's a vast area. Blidworth Woods was mentioned in the first post so can that stay and I'm going to stop posting about this. The authorities are trying to pinpoint exact problems at the moment and it's on the local news.