UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gillyb3 Dog Story

gillyb3

mecry.gif

IM a newbie to your lovely site and still trying to find my way around here.

I hope you dont mind me joining your site even thou i dont have a dog now, (but hope to get another one very soon).

Back in feb 2000 we picked up our new dog a border collie 4yrs from woodgreen and boy did she come we troubles but we took each day as it came.

She hated other dogs and didnt like strangers. To her it was trust know one, which you cant blame her.

Anyway todate, back in march she was 13yrs old now and started to not eat all her dinner (she was fussy eater) so we tried afew other types of dog food for afew days but she wasnt eating, then she has a stroke,well so off to the vets we go (she doesnt like them too). But we got her together again after afew days, BUT

Blood test showed something, so next scan which sound big tumour in her stomach, nothing could be done about it so it was a case of time.

The vets gave her painkillers and anti inflam pills to take each day. She also did have quite afew fat lumps everywhere that we all were keeping close eye with the vets.

So she started eatting well with the pills but as time when on she started to eat less and was losing weight, we feed her everything from hotdogs to steak! but we knew we were losing the battle, so hard as she wanted to live, she wanted to go for walks etc.

ANyway the last week of your life she started to look ill and not to happy and couldnt walk much now,we slept down stairs with her for the last two weeks as she couldnt get up the stairs. on 7th aug she went in our garden and layed down like she does in the sun and when my other half came home from work at 5pm she wag her tail but didnt want to get up then something strange happen like a fit and when you look into her eyes they were empty looking so we called the vet out, and she was put down.

She is buried in our garden now.

Thats the short story.

She was everything to as i dont work so she was always with me. I have bronchictasis (lung condition). My other half dave works. We dont have children and no other pets. So last week i started looking at so many dogs out there needing new homes and really wanted to get a old dog. Makes me cry seeing old dogs in kennels. Thats when i came across this site oldies.

Thankyou for reading

gillyb3

So thats my very sad story

Thanks for sharing her story with us Gilly. What was her name?

Are you up to sharing a few pictures of her?

How are you coping day to day without your precious girl?

I hope you don't think I am prying and don't feel obliged to answer any of my questions if you find it too upsetting :GroupHug:

When you decide the time is right for another dog I am sure the Oldies Club or one of the other rescues on here will be able to help.

Take care :flowers:

Thank you

Her name was spice, she was mostly white with black patches, so looked very cute but you wouldnt want to touch herrolleyes.gif , she wasnt one for hands on unless she came to you for fussy.

Pictures i would love to show you her but im hopeless with computers and wondering where to click nowunsure.gif . So if someone can help, i can email someone with them, i know how to do that now ha ha and they can put them on here if thats poss??.

Gillyb3

Hi Gilly wavey.gif

So sorry to hear about your loss, it's always a sad time, but it sounds like you gave Spice a great home.

I also find it really sad to see an old dog in kennels, or ones that are continually overlooked. The Oldies Club have lots of lovely dogs looking for homes, so I am sure that when the time is right you will find your special companion. flowers.gif

There may well be an easier way to post pictures on here, but the way I do it is via Photobucket. I upload the picture to my Photobucket account and then copy and paste the image code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gilly

It was so brave of you to share your story about Spice. It sounds as though she had a marvellous, loving home with you and you took great care of her right to the end. It's such a hard time and hurts so much. You know you did the right thing for her but that doesn't really make it any easier. But remember that you gave her years of happy life which she might not have had if you hadn't happened to come along.

If you can, try to keep looking at the old dogs waiting for homes on the Oldies site. One day, one will really touch you and then you'll know you're ready to care for another dog.

I've not really got the hang of posting photos on here either - hopefully someone will help you out.

Take care and don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

• 1 month later...

pio1009004.jpg

Oh my god, im really sorry if this has come out wrong but im really not sure what i had done here.ohmy.gif

I went to photobucket found the img code and right click it once and nothing really seem to happen, so i thought best come back here and ask yet again step by step what to do, honestly im not really this thickwub.gif just not good with computers, i dont know how to do copy, cut, paste or anything like that.

Can you see this photo????

HELPmecry.gif gillian