UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

*Upsetting* Peak Pet Cremations, Heage, Derbyshire

ReikiAnge

Wanted to post this in case anyone is in the area, though it sounds as though the place has closed (for now?) but some of you may find it upsetting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8221244.stm

A number of pet dogs were found dumped in a field after they were meant to have been cremated by this pet cremation company :(

The company appears to have claimed that a number of dogs' bodies were stolen in a burglary, but that wouldn't explain why there seems to have been no report of a burglary to the police nor why the company supposedly returned a number of the dogs' ashes to their families.

How upsetting for the families of the dogs involved :(

I just read this, it's awful. Their excuse is pathetic - why would anyone steal dogs' bodies and why send ashes for a dog that was not cremated. It's so cruel for the families involved.

Money.

Someone on DP had her dog cremated there and noticed that his 'ashes' looked different to her cats ashes.

It is very sad that someone would stoop so low and betray someone's trust.

Disgusting! It's no less upsetting in my mind than losing any other member of the family & it's not as if these places don't know how to charge for their services.

Do they not need to be licensed by their local Councils (or someone)? If so that license should be revoked - soon! :(

I took Lucy to a wonderful place in Flintshire myself and waited there till I got her back 3 hours later. They were lovely people and only do single cremations.

I wanted to be sure I got my girl back. I think there would always have been an eliment of doubt if I had let the vet organise it.

As far as I know that awful place has been closed. There is a thread on DP about it.

Money.

Someone on DP had her dog cremated there and noticed that his 'ashes' looked different to her cats ashes.

It is very sad that someone would stoop so low and betray someone's trust.

I know why they're scamming people, it's always about money :( what I meant was their excuses are particularly pathetic and don't hold water, why would anyone believe that the dogs' bodies were stolen and if that truly was the case - they still sought to mislead people by giving back ashes of dogs that had been "stolen". Hopefully the lies will be seen through by whoever licences these places.