UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts And Reiki For Sophie Please

Fee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little girl is home :wub: :wub:

She's a little bit dopey, but seems to have come through the op and out of the anaesthetic well. They took all three lumps out together plus some surrounding tissue so she has a pretty large wound, we're going to have to take things very carefully with her for a while.

The worst thing is that she's terrified of the Buster collar. I know no dogs like them much, but Sophie is such a nervy little thing anyway she's going nearly frantic trying to escape from it :mecry: She's going to have to get used to it somehow and wear it when we can't watch her :sad02:

Now the wait for the results :(

The worst thing is that she's terrified of the Buster collar. I know no dogs like them much, but Sophie is such a nervy little thing anyway she's going nearly frantic trying to escape from it :mecry: She's going to have to get used to it somehow and wear it when we can't watch her :sad02:

I took Milly's buster collar off as soon as we got home and put a toddler tshirt on her, which did the trick. The vet nurse said she had tried to chew the stitches without the buster collar on but she was fine with the tshirt and didn't even try to get at the stitches. The vet nurse I spoke to this morning said she put an ordinary tshirton her dog and then fastened it with sticking plaster (the type you geton a roll) and then vetwrap over that. Might be worth a try for poor ickle Sophie? :GroupHug:

Sending lots more positive thoughts :GroupHug:

Hmmm- the T-shirt idea is a possibility - her stitches are very far back, though, more or less in her groin area so I'm sure sure how effectively it would cover them, but I might give it a try and see if I can cobble something together that would do the trick :flowers:

Perhaps I need a pair of shorts - which would be OK until she needed a wee :unsure: