UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Have I Had A Migraine?

K9Fran

I woke up yesterday morning feeling rough, but as I was the only one in work, and the BT man was coming to fit a new ISDN line, I got Dave to run me up there instead of driving myself. My head hurt like no head ache I've ever had, and I felt nauseous :( BT man left at about 11.30 and Dave came and took me home again - I just sat in the car with my eyes closed wanting the world to go away and feeling every bump :( I slept all afternoon, had a bit of tea and the watched a bit of telly before sleeping all night till the alarm went off this morning at 7. Feel a little brighter today, head still a little bit tender, but nothing like yesterday. The side of my face feels 'odd' too. No visual disturbance, but concentration is shot to pieces.

Does this sound like a migraine? I'm 49 - could it be my age? I've never been one to suffer with headaches, although my adopted mum was a slave to her migraines :(

It sounds like a migraine. Some can start off like a headache but the throbbing pain becomes more intense. I suffer with them every so often and the only thing I can do is take a couple of tablets and go lie down in the dark until it passes. The next morning I tend to feel a little bit odd but no longer ache. I dont think they are age related. Im 27 now and have suffered with them since I was 21.