UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts And Reiki For Tyler Please

Fee

Would appreciate some good thoughts for foster dog Tyler please http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=10563

He suffered a twisted gut last night. Luckily his foster carer recognised the signs very quickly and rushed him to the vet, where he underwent emergency surgery. It was a bad twist - 180 degrees - and it was only because he got there so promptly that he stood any chance at all. The vet has operated and straightened it out and has removed his spleen in a 3-hour operation. He's made it through the op and the vet was pleased with how things went, but it was major surgery with potential complication in the recovery period so he's not out of the woods yet :(

Poor Tyler has had a rough life in the past, but he's been doing really well in his foster home, he's such a gorgeous affectionate dog - he just HAS to get through this.

Thinking of Lisa, his foster mum, too. It must all have been very frightening and I'm sure she's still worried sick :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Here's hoping Tyler is soon on the mend. Also very well done to his foster carer - frightened or not she must have acted very quickly & calmly / wisely as this sort of condition could so very easily & quickly have killed him before he'd even got to the vet if she hadn't :flowers:

An update from Tyler's foster mum:

I have spoken to the vet. He is brighter than they expected which is great news. He is still on a drip and pain killers. I have to call again tomorrow to see how he is progressing. They said that as it was such a big op they really didn't expect him to pull through. So it seems its over to him now, and as he can be very stubborn when he wants so I am expecting him to hang in there. I will keep you posted

Everything crossed now for his continued recovery :GroupHug: