UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wish We Hadn'T Gone Out Now (Sorry For The Rant)

Jasmine

Decided to take the girls down one of the many paths from the heath, we hadn't been down it for a while. Walking along beside the farmers field, OH ahead, then Ruby then myself with Lindy on lead and Sham lolling behind. Next thing Ruby comes bombing towards me and gets on the floor going mental. I noticed that there were hundreds of wasps flying round and there were loads on her. :ohmy: I dropped Lindy's lead and was swatting them all off her and they were buzzing and getting really mad, she'd obviously inadvertently disturbed a nest.

Managed it and decided to turn back and go round the heath instead, she wouldn't leave our side and had her head attached either to mine or OH,s thigh. Walking along the path and who should come from another one but a Cairn Terrier that walks with the Lab that attacked Sham and Rosie, that had a go at Ruby but OH put his foot out. They were out with the owners son and two young boys, next thing the Lab runs round and jumps on Ruby. We were so angry and told him he should keep the dogs on a lead, the two boys started jeering and pulling faces and shouting "Woof, woof", honestly the mentality of that family.

We walked along the path home and they came out again at another path to the front of the heath, this time he had the dogs on lead but the boys were still jeering and shouting at us as we went into our house.

So poor Ruby hasn't had a very nice evening, attacked by wasps then dogs, she was covered in muck from the Lab pouncing on her. Luckily it hasn't made them wary of Labs as they love Lola a gorgeous Golden girl who walks on the heath (that Lab has attacked her too).

Just had to rant :mad:

Ruby is fine thankfully but I am sick of being on edge every time we go out. :mad:

I did wonder about the children Fee, but with a grandfather like they have it doesn't surprise me in the least. I was brought up to treat my elders with respect but he doesn't have respect for anyone so why should I respect him. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

The same Lab went to pounce on Sham this morning but OH got hold of it's collar, the Cairn Terrier then tried to have a go too, Ruby was off in the woods. The elderly owner who I reported to the police after he used threatening and intimidating behavious towards me when it attacked Rosie then threatened violence on my OH for touching his dog.

His daughter was walking past our house on the edge of the heath one night last week and it lunged over the road at a dog who was walking past with a lady and her little boy. I'm really getting sick of this being on pins every time we go out.

When it attacked Rosie I rang the Dog Warden twice and got no response, then the police, it was only when he was threatening to me that they went round and had a chat to him. They asked me that time if the dog was dangerous but to me it's him that's the problem for not keeping his dog under control.

I'm at my wits end with this stupid man. :mad: