UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Youtube, I'm So Upset

ReikiAnge

Sorry for my rant but I've been in tears. Why are there such horrid people out there.

Some tw*t posted a comment about one of Rob's (guitar) videos basically swearing a lot and saying it was rubbish etc. so Rob understandably removed the comment. The guy took offence at that and posted back asking why he'd removed the comment (hmm, I wonder :rolleyes: ), had another rant and then wished death on him. Oh and "your little dog".

I don't let Rob use the dogs in his videos because I know the kind of utterly crazy people that sometimes post on his account but he used a teeny shot of Mins once on a video ages ago, so this weird person must have seen it and decided to get really nasty with both my husband and my dog :mecry: :mecry:

Rob's reported it to YouTube. I know there are a lot of idiots out there - who mostly seem to meet on YouTube :rolleyes: - and the "you're so f***ing cr@p" comments are bad enough but this was a step too far. He already had one guy from Australia threatening him a while back - my god looking at the email he got, the guy really needs help for his issues.

What is it with people. Rob's just posting harmless guitar videos that most people love but this kind of thing is so upsetting and I have no idea what compels someone to be so nasty to a complete stranger. I guess the more popular you become and the more people find you, the more nutters you attract huh. I know no-one has been physically harmed, but you have to wonder, if this is the kind of thing they will say to a stranger on the internet ...

Sorry if this sounds pathetic, just needed to wibble a bit with people who might understand how upset I feel about it and I feel a bit better just having typed it out. I'm just grateful the tw*t seems to be in the US. Off for a walk shortly to try to cheer myself up. If anyone does come across the video, please don't comment or name any of the dogs, I just hope that that will be the end of it and he won't come back with more :flowers:

(Rob now understands why I won't let him use the dogs in his videos).

Oh Ange, how horrible, I'm not surprised you are upset :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Please try not to let some mean, miserable sad little tw*t get to you. He's probably totally pathetic in real life so has to get his kicks out of threatening people via the internet because he'd just get laughed at in real life :handjob

I don't think most of them probably are like that in real life. They hide behind nasty comments. If you look on a lot of music videos there are always horrible comments. For people that have been very successful in their musical careers. The different posters rip shreds out of each other and call nasty names too.

It's not nice and hopefully Youtube will delete his account. :GroupHug:

What a :handjob: :handjob: Don't let him upset you too much (easier said than done, I know!), he's just a pathetic little low life, who hasn't got anything going for him at all. Think of him as a miserable, sad git, alone in a grotty, dirty room, with nothing else to live for but posting sad comments on the blogs of people who are popular and successful :wink:

Ange dont let it upset you :GroupHug: . These people really dont have any lives and obviously have nothing better to do with their time. You know the videos are great, we've seen them and know they are great. Dont let some low life piece of scum make you guys feel bad.

I think you might be able to change the setting on youtube comments to either have none or to view them before they are posted publically.

Thank you all :flowers: I know he must be a sad tw*t and it's "just words" but words can be so hurtful and it has upset me so much.

I don't think most of them probably are like that in real life. They hide behind nasty comments. If you look on a lot of music videos there are always horrible comments. For people that have been very successful in their musical careers. The different posters rip shreds out of each other and call nasty names too.

It's not nice and hopefully Youtube will delete his account. :GroupHug:

Oh I know that there's a lot of horrid comments on YouTube, Rob's had his share, but telling someone their music is cr@p and they're a rubbish musician is a hell of a lot different from telling someone you hope they die. There's really no call for that whatsoever and while they may not come out with comments like that in "real life" I feel they must be pretty horrible people to even think such things about a stranger, let alone say them.

Tis not the first time we've been threatened, but that was in "real life", when Rob reported someone he worked with for racism. They found out it was him, got his file and phoned him at home and threatened him, me and the dogs. Delightful.

Try not to let it upset you, some people on the internet are just plain idiots and like to go around causing all sorts of trouble. For some sad reason they get a kick out of it - why - goodness knows.

I can understand how it must have made you feel at the time - it makes you go cold because it is directed at you and it is personal - but if you let it upset you they are the ones that are winning and getting the cyber kick that they are looking for.

Try and think about all the nice things that have been said instead, you know its not you, Rob or the dogs that are wrong, it is just low life scum out to ruin someone's day.

:GroupHug:

The people who do this are jealous and hateful. Ange, don't waste any energy or time on them - though I suppose you could spend just a few moments hoping that the next time they drag themselves outside they slip over on some dog poop and do themelves a painful injury. :laugh:

Edited by Spins4me