UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Scan

Amanda Jvv

Thank you all for your support and lovely words :GroupHug:

Amanda, I miscarried at 13 weeks and was terrified of the same happening when I got pregnant with Ellis. Bceause of previous miscarriage, they scanned me regularly and I did have a couple of minor [but scary] bleeds early in the pregnancy.

You really must take it easy and don't be fobbed off my Doctors who think thy know best. It's your baby and your body, you know it better than anyone else.

Take care of yourself and take folic acid if you're not doing so already. :GroupHug:

I'm sorry you went through that. I think this is the most frustrating part for me is not being listened to. Having been told I miscarried 3 weeks ago and because I'm still pregnant they conclude that I miscarried a twin. Ok fine, its confusing and now very scary because in the back of your mind you wonder if the same will happen within the same pregnancy but now you have something to lose you already love! It's the rollercoaster of emotion!

I would have thought they would have scheduled me in for regular scans to check that everything is going ok given what already happened but honestly they dont seem bothered. I try not to overeact because I know they have seen it all but fobbing me off with "it's just psychological" is really unhelpful!I have a midwife appointment next week so hopefully she will listen to me and talk me through all I need to know. The bleeds for me are scary because they are sudden last for 4-6hrs and are a lot. If it was like a semi normal period it might not freak me out so much. I did say to the dr I understand bleeds are common but the quantity, given it looked like the quantity of what happened before - freaked me out and if they dont give me all the information it makes for a paranoid me!

But what will be will be and I am doing my best to stay relaxed and healthy.

• 4 weeks later...