UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Tale Of Many Small Woes...

purple_mog

I foolishly remarked on the phone to my mum last night how surprised and pleased I was that thus far I have managed to juggle the dogs, triathlon training, dog training classes, regular job which had huuuuge deadlines this week and next and organising a conference which happens this Sun-Tues :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This morning I woke up after some very odd dreams about my soon to be ex-OH (am also expecting the divorce to finalise next week too) and got ready to go for an early morning swim. All good so far, but then when getting dressed after said swim I realise that I have no pants :ohmy: :laugh: and no time to go home. So I duly get dressed as though wearing no knickers is totally normal (smart trousers and shirt for work) ignoring the surprised looks on the other swimmers faces, and drive to uni.

A bit into the morning my wireless keyboard starts complaining about low batteries. I duly rummage in my drawer for the batteries I collected just last week and attempt to change the batteries. Hmmmmm can't get keyboard to connect. And no answer on the phone from our techy guy. And now I don't have a working keyboard so can't email him either :wacko: Ended up stalking the corridors until I found him :laugh:

Headed home for lunch with the dogs - all good until we started getting bits of distant thunder. So need to spray remedy down Finn's throat, dig out one of the crates from the shed and set it up for him.....still smiling but only just...

Get bike out to cycle into uni, take a new route as planned, 10mins into it must have gone over some glass as my front tyre went flat. Praise my random decision to check I had tyre levers and a spare tube in my bike bag before I headed out and resolve to change the tube. Discover the pump doesn't seem to fit the valve. After some swearing discover why pump is described as 'reversible', reverse the doodadmythingumy and check new tube is ok :rolleyes:

Take inordinate amount of time to get front wheel off bike, then struggle profusely to remove old tube. Fit new tube but find getting tyre back on is so hard it almost made me throw a tantrum :dry: Eventually restore front wheel to bike but very aware I can't seem to get it up to pressure :unsure:

By this stage it is now about 2.30pm. I should have been in work by 2pm, so I reckon that changing the tyre took me over half an hour :huh: :laugh: I need to get better at this!!!

I am now hoping that there will be no more silly woes today.....and yes I did put some pants on when I went home at lunchtime!