UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sharpe The American Bulldog

Ian

Poor Sharpe was sadly recently picked up as a stray and taken to a local stray kennels. As you can see, Sharpe has a rather ominous looking lump in his back and also a much smaller one in his tail.

Sharpe is a friendly and lively young boy and also appears okay with other dogs as I've walked him. The Refuge have kindly agreed to host an appeal to help Sharpe so anyone who would like to donate to Sharpe's care and treatment will shortly have the opportunity to do so. Please keep an eye out for updates on this lovely handsome boy.

After a few enquiries American Bulldog rescue were suggested and have kindly subsequently offered to step in and take him as soon as a space can be made available.

In addition to the transport from the pound, usual vets consultation / other fees this boy looks to me like he is likely to need further help. Please keep an eye out for news and an appeal to help this lovely looking boy

http://www.americanbulldogrescue.co.uk

Sharpe006.jpg

Sharpe004.jpg

Sharpe008.jpg

Edited by Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately it has taken a little longer than had been hoped to get a kennel & transport sorted for Sharpe & he is still in hull at the moment.

On Friday American Bulldog Rescue did however start an auction to raise funds towards his treatment etc & hopefully he will be moved soon.

Auction can be found here

http://abrescue.informe.com/forum/auction-room-f18/

• 2 weeks later...

Sharpe has been moved today & Ann tells me the vet will be seeing him tomorrow so updates on his condition should follow very soon. In the meantime fingers crossed that these lumps & bumps (back, tail & an "odd looking nipple", which I noticed at the w/e prove to be less serious than I've feared

:unsure: A post from Ann on American bulldog forum this morning says

"It seems we may have bad news regarding Sharpe, I have been told to expect the worse. The vet believes there is a good chance that the tumour may involve the spinal cord, in which case it is going to be almost impossible to remove it without leaving him paralysed. I trust her judgement as she recently did a similar op on Vinnie the AB which took her over 4 hours as the tumour had 'fingers' which were wrapped around ligaments and muscle of his leg, he came out of it ok, but she feels if Sharpe's is similar it wont be such good news."

http://abrescue.informe.com/forum/the-lounge-f4/sharpe-t1164.html

Latest updates say that Sharpe underwent surgery yesterday & though a long job he is apparently doing well, was up for his breakfast this morning like nothing had happened etc. Lab results are now awaited and no doubt the vets bill will soon follow

• 2 weeks later...