UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Patch A Safe Journey

BillyMalc

Yesterday Purrpuss and I met at the Carrs completely by chance, and we had a lovely walk together, with her oldies and my hooligans. I got to meet Patch again, an old border collie type girlie, who had arrived at Purrpuss' after her human had died. Patch had an incredibly inquisitive, sweet little face, and an uncanny ability to use her extension lead as a tool to round people up and keep them in their place while she enquired about the possibility of a biscuit :laugh: :wub: :wub:

I'm so glad that I got to see that cheeky, beautiful face again yesterday once more, because this afternoon Purrpuss called me with the sad message that Patch's spine suddenly appears to have disintegrated :( She already suffered from arthritis, but this was kept under control quite nicely - until last night it appears. After consulting the vet, it's been decided that it is kindest to help Patch on her way to the Bridge this afternoon at 5:30PM. Good thoughts for a safe journey would be much appreciated.

Knowing what an absolute godsend Purrpuss was when it was Mal's time to go to the Bridge nearly 2 weeks ago, I am absolutely sure that Patch's last hours here have been filled with love and peace - as they were from the moment that she moved in with Purrpuss and her other girls. :wub: :wub:

Mal's death left me devastated, and knowing that Purrpuss goes through this on a regular basis, just so that old animals in need do get the retirement home that they so deserve, has made me respect her even more for the love and care she gives to these oldies :GroupHug: :GroupHug: