UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Lawn

bonniebird

Hi all, probably nothing can be done, but any advice on getting rid of brown pee patches? Edie pee's on there everyday and I want her to have the run of the garden, and I could train her to pee in one part of the garden, but in the middle of the night, in the dark etc, well you get me. To be honest as well, it took me long enough to housetrain her and I don't want any negativity on her peeing in garden :mellow:

Thanks Karen x

All you need to do is chuck a bucket of water over where she's wee'd to dilute it, bit of a pain in the middle of the night tho'

I wonder why some bitches wee does that to grass and not others :unsure: ........Daisy's doesn't, is it her, her diet, or the grass :unsure:

I've tried tomato juice (but wasn't consistent enough with it on what was already a very patchy / dead grass) though I did see some improvement. If I remember rightly a tablespoon & a half added to the meal was what I originally read recommended by some gardener in a newspaper.

If you don't want to add that (someone on DP once queried salt in it?) I also tried diluting a litre of cheap tomato juice with water & then watering the garden with it - appeared to have a similar benefit.

It works simply because it's an alkaline & although I haven't tried these myself anything sufficiently alkaline to neutralise the urines acidity should work similarly - eg Gardeners World suggests adding horticultural lime or powdered gypsum to the water, as this will neutralise the acid.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/probl...care-dog-urine/

All you need to do is chuck a bucket of water over where she's wee'd to dilute it, bit of a pain in the middle of the night tho'

I wonder why some bitches wee does that to grass and not others :unsure: ........Daisy's doesn't, is it her, her diet, or the grass :unsure:

Probably her.

One of my bitches developed bladder stones due to her urine being too alkaline. It was only when this happened that I realised the grass didn't go brown where she peed.

Probably her.

One of my bitches developed bladder stones due to her urine being too alkaline. It was only when this happened that I realised the grass didn't go brown where she peed.

Awwww, now I'm paranoid............any suggestions on how to change it ?

Awwww, now I'm paranoid............any suggestions on how to change it ?

Had trouble replying until now!

My bitch was given tablets to acidify her urine. She just had one a day and had no more trouble.

I don't think vets would give her anything unless there was a problem.

You could always get some ph test strips from a chemist, or probably the vets, and check her urine if you are worried.

a bitches pee is far more concentrated than a dogs, i used to put a bit of tomato sauce on my girls dinner each night, it seemed to do the job, not sure how or why but it worked, :unsure:

I think it has something to do with the levels of ammonia in the wee

check with your vet, it could be diet related as to the concentration levels

empty a watering can where they wee would help

Thanks for all your advice. I am watering her wee's and got the dog rocks from pets @ home for there water. I took rocks to the vet tonight to make sure they were safe, she said they have no problem whatsoever in Australia (where this vet comes from) with them and they are natural, so here go's, watch this space.

Thanks all :flowers: