UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Change In Missy?

K9Fran

Since we lost Bonnie, I've seen a change in behaviour from Missy. She seems a lot more playful (although still gnashing Barney, but in a 'hey this is fun' kind of way). She woofed in a playful way yesterday, and has taken to finishing off her charges round the garden with Barney by charging down the passageway, and sliding on Barney's bed to the end, where she bounces off the door and scoots off again! She also taken to theiving Barney's balls - shock horror!

It's as if she's been relieved of Bonnie gaurding duties and is getting in touch with her playful side again

When I lost Dolly, Sir H became a bit more sociable. Not a lot, mind you, but a bit :rolleyes: I did wonder whether he found the bond that Dolly and I had too strong for him to be part of, if that makes sense? In some ways, it makes me a little sad to think that Sir H had a few months where he felt left out but then again, there's very little that gets Sir H excited :laugh:

Even though he was the newest, Wiggle took over the role of being at my side. Sir H stayed in bed :wub:

As Anne says, its interesting how they sort themselves out :flowers:

:wub: bless her. Even tho Jessie and Kizzy were inseperable Kizzy was always second to bossy Jess and Kizzy really came out of her shell when our Jessie died. She became much more relaxed and playful too. Kizzy is easily bullied which is why we have to be very careful about which dogs we add to our pack. So glad that Missy is happy.x

On the day my foster GSD was pts she was very quiet and peaceful and after going out in the garden (clean to the end) she settled herself in the living room on her mat. The rest of my pack 2 dogs 4 cats all gathered round in the room, the dogs beside her on the mat, completely out of normal routine and all had treats until the vet came. Afterwards they all moved off to their normal daytime sleep places; when a newbie arrived a week later she isolated herself at first and is now totally integrated into the family. One of the old labs. I have had allowed the GSD to eat out of her dish and to lead when out walking. With the new girl (aged 12) she quietly established that she needed to take the lead on walks and permission is needed to consider sharing dishes. All of this without a squabble - aren't they just amazing our animals!

aren't they just amazing our animals!

They are :wink:

I was talking to someone the other day and saying how despite being so submissive, Poppy was very much "top dog" after Gdog died. Even when more confident fosters arrived, they respected her completely :wub: