UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

An Assortment Of Pictures!

purple_mog

Some pictures from our visit to Hardcastle Crags last weekend on Sunday - went up a wee track and over the moors before coming back along the river and it was lovely :)

some of the lovely views

IMG_0521.jpg

Moving with purpose

IMG_0528.jpg

We stopped for lunch beside a little river and discovered a new favourite game - ducking for floating crispy fish skins :laugh:

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Enjoying the river on the way home

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

and especially for Billy who was as baffled as me by the haunted bay carrier on our last walk - the mystery continues!

IMG_0570.jpg

We had a relaxing walk with Janet and Mirri -the most gorgeous black lurcher I have ever seen! There's a little video of them playing racey chasey games and a suprise lurcher nose for my camera here I hope

Some of my favourite pics....bear in mind my guys walked well over 20 miles with me yesterday!

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

and finally! The pictures from yesterdays' marathon 20miles round the Nidderdale valley reservoirs - would have been lovely except for all the bogs we had to fight through :rolleyes: oh, and the poor wee mutant lamb I held as it died, abandoned high on the hill and had three front legs :mecry:

It all started so well, cheerful and full of energy....

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Oh my - that's just the first of two reservoirs we'll be walking round via that big ridge...

IMG_0583.jpg

Finn checks out escape routes from the bridge

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

still plenty of energy for these guys

IMG_0594.jpg

but that's just the first hill of the day...

IMG_0591.jpg

We walked into the bridge over the bottom reservoir to start off

IMG_0600.jpg

Tired beasties (this was our second lunch stop of the day)

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

a quick reminder of the weather - in about 5 minutes we went from shorts and sun to waterproofs, rain and some hail

IMG_0603.jpg

WOW, what a story!! :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool:

And I am indeed still baffled as to how the little people carrier got there :wacko:

The sunny part of your trek yesterday looks gorgeous - and we would've loved to come along - it's just that it really is too far for 2 out of the 4 of us (no prizes for guessing who the 2 unfit/too old ones are in our little pack :rolleyes:).

Show us your Hardcastle Crags walk next time, I think I know where you went, but maybe I'm totally wrong :)