UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Time Team Made Me Cry

K9Fran

I was happily watching Time Team this afternoon - they were digging on an old 7th century burial site. Found a total of 3 graves - one a 60 year old man, one an 8 year old child, and one a young woman in her 20's, there were more bones in this grave, originally thought to be a baby or toddler. Fascinating, but not emotional to me. Then they turned out to be a dog, and that was it, I was off, blubbing like a good 'un.

Am I weird?

I was quite young when I realised I was different to most people.

Sunday afternoon, watching a John Wayne movie with my mum and dad. The cowboys were surrounded by Indians, in real danger. There were dead bodies from both sides all over the place, but none of it bothered me.

Then the chuck wagon guys' cat was killed and that was it............. I sobbed for hours.

I was quite young when I realised I was different to most people.

Sunday afternoon, watching a John Wayne movie with my mum and dad. The cowboys were surrounded by Indians, in real danger. There were dead bodies from both sides all over the place, but none of it bothered me.

Then the chuck wagon guys' cat was killed and that was it............. I sobbed for hours.

I was exactly the same, I'd watch cowboy movies and see people being shot right left and centre without turning a hair, but if one of the horses got hurt I'd be inconsolable.

Don't worry, I am the same. I used to be a Marie Curie HCA and coped with this okay, but talking to someone in the vets who is going to have to have their pet pts will have me crying in an instant, I always get far more emotional over animals than humans and I often feel quite ashmaed of this, but I just can't help it. It's not that I don't care, it's just me. So you are not alone.

I am exactly the same. My family used to laugh at me when I was younger. We would be watching a film with people getting killed/injured and I would not not mind at all (unless it was a baby) but the minute an animal got hurt I would be distraught. I cried my eyes out at Bambi,Lassie,Black Beauty...................need I go on? :rolleyes: :laugh: x

Edited by ranirottie

I so relieved i'm not the only one, when watching a film I follow the dog/animal thru it rather than the real story, can't watch 'Babe' the film about the pig or the one with the chickens, just watched TT about a sunken ship, shall keep look out for this one :wink:

amanda x

I never got to watch the end of 1001 dalmations as a child. I was dragged sobbing from the cinema when Cruella threatened to make the puppies inot a fur coat. I was traumatised for days.

I took my daughter to see 101 Dalmations when she was about 3, it was her first cinema visit and she loved it.

A couple of days later we were standing in a queue at the bank when a woman wearing a very expensive looking fur coat came in, and Alice asked very loudly in a horrified voice whether that lady's coat was made of dead dogs :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you! I can't watch any of those 'Disney' movies either, haven't seen I am Legend, or Marley and Me, 'cos I just couldn't cope.

At least I am not alone.......... (Even the original 'Herbie' had me bawling my eyes out when Herbie wanted to throw himself off the bridge because his owner was very taken with a new Ferrari)