UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hello From Near Eastbourne, East Sussex

Lea

Hi I am Lea and live near Eastbourne

I have Jake the cat, 5 rats (the girls Lyra, Hester, Pan, the boys Tomato and Barley), chooks (Henry, Tilly and Rocky) and fish (goldfish, tropical and pond).

I help a small rescue in Polegate called Rodent Rescue who started in February 2007. They rescue and re-home mainly rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters and guinea pigs. I help them by posting animals ready for re-homing on various sites. We have had great success with the rats but are struggling with the mice, no one seems interested :mellow:

Lea

Ooooh pretty... I like Rocky :wub:

:wink: She is my other halfs favourites too. We only got the chooks last June, it's the first time I have kept them and they are hilarious. I have also learnt alot about them too. Dusting them with mite powder is fun, finding random eggs about the garden, that's a Tilly thing, they seem to take her by surprise :rolleyes: , quite often after she has laid it she goes to the coop :biggrin: . She also moulted in the middle of winter, has been broody and when we first got them I had to teach her to use the ramp up to the coop......she is a one. There latest thing is stalking us :)

Mind you I have mad rats too, and a cat that is very un-cat like

Awww thanks everyone.

I didn't have time to visit last night. I was picking up donated cages for the small rescue I help with. So after I had a bit of rat chatter with person who gave me the cages :rolleyes: , and I had a catch up with Rodent Rescue when I delivered them it was gone 8.00 in the evening by the time I got home. The ratties were still given a bit of time out of their cages to be the little monkey's they are :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...