UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obamas' New Dog

merledogs

I know it might not be classed as a proper rescue dog that they said they were going to get but i think its great they are getting this 6mth old which was returned to the breeder :) . Obviously the down side is this breeder will be inundated with people wanting one of her pups. I know nothing about the breeder but hope to hell shes the responsible type [she did at least happily take the pup back from original owners]. Can you imagine everyone wanting an Obamas dog now :(

So much for *It will be a mutt like me*...

As his older daughter has allergy problems he has sensibly gone for a dog that is less likely to cause problems.

No point in getting a mutt that might cause problems.

I am sure those who run breed rescues consider their dogs just as worthy of a second chance as any mutt.

"A source said: ‘The dog is six months old, a boy and a mass of black curls. His former owner decided they couldn’t cope with such a boisterous animal. He was originally called Charlie.’"

Well, let's just hope Charlie (Now Bo) doesn't prove too boisterous for his new owners. I hope he has a happy life.

I think its great, he wanted a specific breed and did not BUY it from a breeder but took on a dog that someone didn't want and also hopefully from a reputable breeder that takes back their offspring. Although the cynic in me thinks how much publicity that breeder will now get :rolleyes:

Good grief - can the poor 1st family not gain approval for anything they do ? :rolleyes:

As the newly elected president of the US, I applaud his family for doing their research, and realising that their publicly expressed first choice of dog (a mutt) was not suitable for them, and so they sought out a responsible breeder and eventually took on an older puppy which had been returned :(

When compared to the British Monarch, who is a Kennel Club registered breeder of a number of breeds, I know which I support :D

Good grief - can the poor 1st family not gain approval for anything they do ? :rolleyes:

As the newly elected president of the US, I applaud his family for doing their research, and realising that their publicly expressed first choice of dog (a mutt) was not suitable for them, and so they sought out a responsible breeder and eventually took on an older puppy which had been returned :(

When compared to the British Monarch, who is a Kennel Club registered breeder of a number of breeds, I know which I support :D

Totally agree :flowers:

Well, yes, if it's a competition - of any sort - between the two, I know which one I'd support as well. :laugh:

I think Obama is great; he's going to be good for the US, and possibly the world. I do think a boisterous older puppy may be hard work for his family, but no doubt they have plenty of support to hand - and I agree that it's good they didn't just rush out and acquire the first puppy the kids fancied, as so many people do.

I think Obama is great; he's going to be good for the US, and possibly the world. I do think a boisterous older puppy may be hard work for his family, but no doubt they have plenty of support to hand - and I agree that it's good they didn't just rush out and acquire the first puppy the kids fancied, as so many people do.

Agreed :flowers:

I don't think they could win, whatever they did, either.

I guess the only way they could avoid people complaining about their choice of dog would be not to have got a dog. It doesn't seem that they've rushed out and bought the first pup they came across though, they've not gone to a puppy store, they appear to have researched, taken advice and made what is hopefully the right decision.

I would imagine a young family living in a big house with lots of land can offer a great home for a young and boisterous dog. Hopefully a dog has got a fantastic home for the rest of his life.

I think it's great! :) :) They did get a "secondhand" dog: someone had returned an already bred dog, so no additional dog has been bred for the family. The problem when you are the Obama family is, that you just can't go to a few shelters and see what "mutts" they have, even less so if you've got a daughter who is allergic to many dogs. Imagine the press being all over them every single time! I'd also imagine that, as much as they might have liked to, mum and dad Obama might just be having a tad busy lives, what with issues such as world economies at hand n all that. I think they've done as well as they could, and I hope that puppy Bo and the family will enjoy each other's company for many years to come :)