UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Board Running Slow

Pingu

I've noticed that I haven't had any email notifications of PMs recently, whereas I always have before now :unsure:

That's not really a problem for me as I tend to be here rather a lot anyway, but I thought I'd mention it.

However I've just archived some PMs and whereas the file usually comes through straight away, it hasn't arrived yet. I hope that hasn't disappeared into cyber space :unsure:

Don't quite know where to post this but I am not getting any email notifications of forums or topics that I have subscribed to. I have checked all my settings and they seem right and I am getting messages from other places. Any ideas why it might be happening

It could be being blocked by your email server - try adding noreply @ the refuge.org.uk to your address list or safe list (remove the spaces first)

It could be being blocked by your email server - try adding noreply @ the refuge.org.uk to your address list or safe list (remove the spaces first)

It's started doing it to me recently too Tracy, as I posted above, I am no longer getting PM email notifications or my archived messages.

I already have the noreply @ the refuge.org.uk email addy on my safe senders list.

I know I was getting email notifications of PMs on 10 April as I still have one, I may have deleted some since then but I know I haven't been getting them since at least Thursday and I lost all the PMs I tried to archive last week.

It's started doing it to me recently too Tracy, as I posted above, I am no longer getting PM email notifications or my archived messages.

I already have the noreply @ the refuge.org.uk email addy on my safe senders list.

I know I was getting email notifications of PMs on 10 April as I still have one, I may have deleted some since then but I know I haven't been getting them since at least Thursday and I lost all the PMs I tried to archive last week.

I just sent myself a test pm and the notification came thru fine Ange so I can't reproduce the error - you and Anne aren't using the same email provider so it's not likely to be an error with that I'll have a dig around and see if I can spot anything a bit weird lol

I didn't get a notification that you had replied to this but I don't have a email blocker on the email server that I use so I don't understand what is going on. Will have a dig on my server to make sure that they haven't just added a spam blocker for free just in case but up until last month (when I last checked) you had to pay for it

just had this message, but was able to to get in immediately I tried again.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Unable to forward this request at this time.

The proxy was unable to forward this request for fulfillment.

Either the site you requested is not configured on this system OR

The system is currently experiencing problems.

If you are having difficulties configuring your site please see our knowledgebase article at www.gradwell.net/support/virtual-hosts.

Please raise a ticket with [email protected] if you have any questions.

Generated Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:34:02 GMT by v-squid-php4-1.gradwell.net (squid/2.7.STABLE5)

Could the email problems be related to the recent problems Invision had with the Invasion of the Spambots? I know a lot of their IPs ended up on blacklists as a result of that and the cleanup is still ongoing I believe.

I may be completely off the mark here but I don't know how the backend of the Refuge is setup and it seems very coincidental :flowers:

Could the email problems be related to the recent problems Invision had with the Invasion of the Spambots? I know a lot of their IPs ended up on blacklists as a result of that and the cleanup is still ongoing I believe.

I may be completely off the mark here but I don't know how the backend of the Refuge is setup and it seems very coincidental :flowers:

You are so NOT off the mark. I have changed to a different IP address and hey presto I am back receiving messages. Any idea how I get to report this problem to my usual IP provider.

You are so NOT off the mark. I have changed to a different IP address and hey presto I am back receiving messages. Any idea how I get to report this problem to my usual IP provider.

It sounds as though it's up to Invision to take the IP providers off their blacklist?

Bummer for me as I don't have another provider, all my email address come through to my main one, so I'm not going to be able to archive anything.

ERROR

* Unable to forward this request at this time.

If you are having difficulties configuring your site please see our knowledgebase article at www.gradwell.net/support/virtual-hosts.

Generated Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:40:50 GMT by v-squid-php4-1.gradwell.net (squid/2.7.STABLE5)

and again a few seconds later

got this twice after using search in non doggie chat

ERROR

Unable to forward this request at this time.

Generated Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:10:35 GMT by v-squid-php4-1.gradwell.net (squid/2.7.STABLE5)