UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

Only on Refuge could we have someone who owns such a CD and someone whos dad would enjoy watching it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tragic, isn't it? :laugh:

While I think of it, Di, would you be able to get me an Aboistop if they're not too many £££s? Guinness has reverted back to her old shouty ways :(

I hope he has not had a stroke but if he has his unique brand of stubbornness may help him :ninja:

I'm convinced it helped him beat cancer, so you may be right.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=72

Yes people win - they have a whole forum called I Won I Won lol However........ some win more than others as is always the way, last year I entered the win £2008 in 2008 challenge I was really dedicated too and entered around 50 comps every single day for about 2 months, then slipped back to just doing comps for stuff I actually wanted to win :laugh: over the year I did win a couple of things but all very small prizes and I doubt in total the value was more than £50 - I do strongly advise using a spam account I have a gmail account set up purely for comps, a lot of them make you sign up for their newsletters or updates to enter so that way my real inbox never gets cluttered up with spam from comps. TOP TIP when entering comps if it asks for a telephone number - give a fake one unless that is the only way they will contact you if you win :wink: The good things about the mse forums for comps is they do all the hard work for you - they find all the comps and they'll tell you the terms & conditions etc and they even give the answers to the questions if needed. I still enter a couple a day but to really really be successful - and lots of them are ... you have to almost approach it like a job and enter multiple comps every day, even for stuff you wouldn't want to win because prizes can always be sold for cash :wink:

Fantastic, thanks so much for that :flowers:

I've gone from willing the phone to ring with news about the job I went for yesterday to not wanting to hear for a couple of days. An agency has just rung about another job which is paying more. :rolleyes: Although there is no car park so maybe this is swings and roundabouts.

both Ange. i have a job to go to on Monday (one of my clients!!) and I just want today to be my last day, but I feel like I'm leaving her in the sh*t. I hate confrontations and I think she will go ballistic (and I'm quite scared of her!)

Get your belongings together, email her a minute before your lunch break. If she kicks off, walk out. Simples :biggrin:

That sounds very painful Michelle. Take care :GroupHug:

Take care, yeah, but more importantly TAKE PHOTOS!

(off to find camera for manky knee)

Ah ok, well a big congratulations on getting that new job, I missed that bit of news :flowers:

I don't like confrontations either so I understand, but you really shouldn't worry about leaving her in the sh*t, think of all the times she has done that to you and she's the boss. If you are genuinely concerned about how she will react (as in she might get nasty rather than she's just not happy about it), you could write her a letter and leave it an envelope on your wait home this evening? I take it there's no one else in the office with the two of you? If she's just likely to be unhappy about your decision, then I'd tell her face to face, but you sound as though you're worried about how she'll react?

Feck Claire! That's ballsy! i can do that I think...!

Ah ok, well a big congratulations on getting that new job, I missed that bit of news :flowers:

I don't like confrontations either so I understand, but you really shouldn't worry about leaving her in the sh*t, think of all the times she has done that to you and she's the boss. If you are genuinely concerned about how she will react (as in she might get nasty rather than she's just not happy about it), you could write her a letter and leave it an envelope on your wait home this evening? I take it there's no one else in the office with the two of you? If she's just likely to be unhappy about your decision, then I'd tell her face to face, but you sound as though you're worried about how she'll react?

She is not the sort of person you want to get on the wrong side of. I think she is likely to get nasty over it. I'll do a letter in a little while and leave it for her when I leave at 5pm with my keys and company phone.

She's currently doing me a timetable :rolleyes:

Seriously unimpressive knee pics in the manky thread.

Good luck Cheryl.

Thanks again for your thoughts for my Dad. My Mum is going in at 2 to see him, apparently he's quite alert - they've started him on Warfarin n stuff.

Edited by ClazUK

Cheryl, just check if you have a contract of employment which you have signed before you tell her to stuff it and walk. You need to check the wording as to whether, while probationary you can terminate without notice. If she is such a cow bag, she may just make things very difficult for breach of contract otherwise.

If it states you can walk at any time without notice, then put it in writing and mail a copy to head office too. I think it would be worth outlining your reasons why you feel you cant work under her and list the recent unreasonable behaviour, the not turning up for work, your lack of entitlement to breaks and time off. Pointing out they have broken several 'rights' under the employment act will probably make them less likely to fight back.

Good luck Cherly33 :flowers:

My new time management book has entered the building. I haven't even opened it yet and already I'm feeling twitchy and sitting on my arse browsing on here :laughingsmiley: Mind you, I have done lots of painting walls and furniture refurbishing today :cool02: