UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cheeky Rat Is Poorly

chasta

Yesterday morning I noticed that Cheeky rat was not her normal 'in yer face' cheeky self, she was lethargic and had some porphyrin discharge on round her eyes, and hadnt been eating as much as normal. She was interested in treats and ate some sweetcorn when offered but I wasnt happy with her, so off to the vets we went..

The vet says she has a mass in her tummy/liver most likely, possibly constipation but he didnt think so, but wouldnt be able to tell without xrays, which I declined. (sorry if you disagree with that.)

We came home with Baytril, lactulose (which he charged me £4 for 2mls of :mad: ) and some mucolytic powder, and to see how she goes.

This means I now have 2 of my 3 rats living with tumours :(

Cheeky rat is feeling a bit better today and is more herself :)

Here she is

101_0453.jpg

101_0456.jpg

and being nosey :wub:

101_0455.jpg

Edited by chasta

Thank you :flowers:

Unfortunately Im sure she wont be with us for long. She has perked up in herself but she is losing weight, you can feel her spine and hips easily and she has a big belly :( I can feel the lump in it, and she isnt constipated. At the moment she is happy enough, the baytril seems to be helping there, so while she is happy and comfortable she will stay with us, but as soon as the light goes from her eyes I wont keep her hanging :mecry:

her personality is still shining through just now, cheeky little wench :wub:

Unfortunately Cheeky has taken a turn for the worse over night and today will be the day she says goodbye. At the moment she is snuggled in her nest being cuddled and groomed by her friend Tara.

Cheeky your life has been short and very very sweet. Thank you for the love and laughter you've given us. You will leave a very special ratty hole, and little paw prints on my heart. Love you sweetheart :wub: