UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Snoopy News

Toddsmum

Snoopys been to the vets tonight and I really wasnt expecting too much :( .Hes really frail and seems very fragile but I am so happy to be able to tell you that he isnt as bad as we thought. :)

The medication he was on was for quite a bad heart condition. he was given a far to high dose of everything!, BUT he only has a slight heart murmur(this was checked out by 2 of the senior vets)and not too serious at all. The fruisimide was as I thought and he didnt need to take it at all and was doing him a lot of harm :angry: . My vets were astounded at the wrong diagnosis and the over prescribing. He is now off the fruisimide and 1 of the heart tabs and just has to take a low dose of vetmedin for the next week to wean him off .He has a slight cough but is bronchial rather than heart.

At least his constant peeing will stop :biggrin:

The poor thing has severe arthritis and is in pain. He has now been given the correct drugs for this and my vets said we should see a different dog in a weeks time.

He has told me Amy not too groom or pull him about for a few days so the arthritis drugs have time to kick in,so he will have to stay smelly for a while longer :ohmy: .

He is off his cat food and is enjoying a nice new senior diet along with Todd

Oh did I forgot to say that Snoopy is now my new foster dog :)

I know who the permanent addition is too, but I think Lynne is enjoying teasing everyone :laugh:

That is terrific news about Snoopy, how awful he's been on the wrong drugs - I wonder how long that has been going on?

Everything crossed that he perks up and will be much more comfortable on the right medication and with some pain relief for his arthritis. Thanks again Lynne for agreeing to keep him there - I'm sure he's much better off not facing another long journey and more change :GroupHug:

Thats great news that he doesn't need the drugs - damn annoying that he had them in the first place though :( well spotted Lynne!

Really hope he picks up now bless him :wub:

Is he getting on with Todd & your new addition?

Hes not bothered by anything really, he 's just a very quiet laid back kind of dog and acts like hes been here for ages :wub:

Thats definately good news. Just hope the meds havent done any lasting damage to him. Do you think he would be ok by Sat for bath?

I know who the permanent addition is :biggrin:

I would think so amy, will give you an update later in week