UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Akitas - Male And Female, Manchester Area

KathyM

Someone on another forum is reporting having handed in two stray akitas, male and female to the dog warden today. Doesn't say which pound (although she is in the Manchester area) and she's not being very enlightening as to whether she's contacted any local vets as she has it stuck in her head that they're not from a good home as they're dirty strays, so there's no point. Female looks to either be in season or recently had pups. I've advised her to contact local vets and to post on Doglost although I doubt she will, so can someone keep their ear to the ground? Thanks.

Unfortunately the finder will not go further with the advice I gave (her prerogative) and refuses to share any details on them. I suppose it's understandable she be cautious considering she doesn't know me but it's a shame she won't accept any help (bit of a glory hunter from what I've read, lol). I have emailed Akita rescues. I hope this story isn't a windup. Or do I hope it is? :(

OK I think it's become clear the finder has ulterior motives to not posting these dogs anywhere sadly. I suspect she'll be back to get free breeding dogs after a week, so if someone could keep their ear to the ground on Doglost (she refuses to post them there and won't give me info to post them) it would be of massive help.

They are apparently in a Manchester pound, it's just she doesn't want anyone to know which, which I thought was understandable until others shared info and made me feel really gullible. It has come to light that she has two animal related convictions and rescues have had to go in in the past for other species, and I'm concerned that she has ulterior motives and will go back for them. :(

I've contacted akita rescues.

Donna at the Akita Trust will be checking into this. I'd rather not get any more involved (I have very good reason for this, you know I won't stay out of something this important unless there is good reason). I wish I could, but my family needs me to step back from this one after some threatening comments were made. :(