UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What I've I Done

yena

Today against all what I believe, I brought a puppy from Dogs4us. I know it's so awful to believe, but I did :mecry: We'd only gone into buy some dog food for our other dogs and I always go and check to make sure the puppies are alright and everything was fine until I looked in the JRT cage and than I saw her :( The smallest little one of the litter, sat looking and waiting, my heart melted and I'd fallen in love with a puppy farm puppy :wub: She laid in my arms next to Dilys and that's when I knew this little girls was coming home with me :ohmy: . So no matter now much you dislike me for what I've done, please don't stop saying hello to Daisy my little puppy farm girlie

Daisy002.jpg

Daisy003.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I am really really saddened - and shocked - to read that someone on the Refuge, which promotes animal welfare and rescue, would go to one of these stores to buy anything, never mind come home with a puppy.

It's people giving them money that keeps puppy farmers/dealers/petshops like this in business. It's bad enough that someone goes there in all innocence.

I hope she will be happy and healthy but I worry for all the others who are still waiting to be sold/have been sold into the wrong homes and who are going to be bred from season upon season to produce these cute little pups.

Whilst I can't deny that she's very cute puppy and will no doubt have a very happy life with you, sadly all the time people go into shops, buy a pup on a whim, it just keeps the puppy farms in business :(

I agree with you, people do buy without thinking about whether they are doing the right thing or not, or whether the breed of dog is right or wrong. :(

But, Daisy was not brought on a whim, after loosing Yena last year, I've been trying to get OH to let me have another and this time he didn't say 'no'. :)

I agree with you, people do buy without thinking about whether they are doing the right thing or not, or whether the breed of dog is right or wrong. :(

But, Daisy was not brought on a whim, after loosing Yena last year, I've been trying to get OH to let me have another and this time he didn't say 'no'. :)

You said you went in to buy food and came home with a puppy. That's a whim - and one that's led to you supporting puppy farming :sad02:

There are thousands of dogs in rescue looking for a good home, including puppies - and lots of dogs being bred by good breeders too. Sadly you didn't take either of these options.

Sorry, but I can't see any reasoned explanation from going to a store like that and buying a puppy, or any live animal for that matter, especially from someone who has been on rescue forums, read the real life threads of people who have taken on ex-puppy farm dogs.

Ok, so maybe Daisy wasn't bought on a 'whim' but flippin eck, have you looked at the number of JRT pups in rescue? It's not like they are hard to find.

As someone who has shared their life with two dogs who were used as breeding machines, who lost them way too young, no doubt as a result of their treatment to make money for someone with very little concern for the consequences, I'm gobsmacked, I really am.

:wub: Daisy, you are a lovely little pup and will have a good life now.

I suppose every person must make their choices with life and rescues, I will not say it was the best thing to do but I guess maybe I have no right to comment as I haven't got a rescue dog? :unsure: I, and no doubt you, will continue to do what we can in our own way. :mellow:

Sorry but I am really really saddened - and shocked - to read that someone on the Refuge, which promotes animal welfare and rescue, would go to one of these stores to buy anything, never mind come home with a puppy.

It's people giving them money that keeps puppy farmers/dealers/petshops like this in business. It's bad enough that someone goes there in all innocence.

I hope she will be happy and healthy but I worry for all the others who are still waiting to be sold/have been sold into the wrong homes and who are going to be bred from season upon season to produce these cute little pups.

Unfortunately, Dogs4us are the only place we have found that sells the food that our dogs have. We normally buy it from a place in Scunthorpe, but when the caravan season ends we are unable to get it, hence us going there. We always go to have a look at the puppies to check that they are alright, unfortunately this time, we saw one we fell in love with, I know it does keep puppy farms in business and I've signed many a petition to try stop them, I've even signed one outside the shop. But, this little girl needs a good, loving home and we will provide her with one.

I know it does keep puppy farms in business

And this is what I don't understand. Knowing that by buying a puppy from a shop like you have, you're effectively giving the puppy farmers a reason to keep going - to keep exploiting dogs, keep them in appalling conditions, breed from them every time they come into season until they are no longer worth any money.

I just hope Daisy's mum has a better life than my Poppy and Dolly did.

You said you went in to buy food and came home with a puppy. That's a whim - and one that's led to you supporting puppy farming :sad02:

There are thousands of dogs in rescue looking for a good home, including puppies - and lots of dogs being bred by good breeders too. Sadly you didn't take either of these options.

Since 2000 I've had 8 rescue dogs, of various ages our last rescue was a Yorkie puppy that was born in rescue. Daisy is the first puppy we've brought, and when I got her I knew it would upset members and I quite easily could have come on and said we'd brought her from a breeder or got her from a rescue, and people would of said how lovely she is, instead I choose to be honest and say were she came from.

Since 2000 I've had 8 rescue dogs, of various ages our last rescue was a Yorkie puppy that was born in rescue. Daisy is the first puppy we've brought, and when I got her I knew it would upset members and I quite easily could have come on and said we'd brought her from a breeder or got her from a rescue, and people would of said how lovely she is, instead I choose to be honest and say were she came from.

OK, but knowing how people on here feel about puppy farming and that this is an animal welfare forum, you surely weren't expecting everyone to applaud your decision?

If you managed to find a yorkie puppy in rescue, I wouldn't have thought it would have been too difficult to have found a JRT in rescue, or at least to have found a decent breeder.