UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Crufts

one.eyed.dog

I ain't going either and I ain't got a telly, so crufts will gleefully pass me by, as per usual :flowers:

TBH, I'd be surprised if any other major tv broadcaster would jump in - I'm sure that there is a lot of money involved in it, and after THAT documentary, and the BBC pulling out due to welfare concerns, I'd find it unlikley that anyone else would want to touch it. (or am I being too optimistic?) :unsure:

I've no idea if there will be any TV coverage but as I've qualifed one of my dogs for a breed class, I'll be going in person. :laugh: It would be nice to think that one of the Sky channels might pick it up but I don't know if the BBC contract (whether they are actually broadcasting it or not) excludes other broadcasters :wacko: I sincerely hope not because I really enjoy watching the agility and flyball stuff on TV :) Best in Show doesn't bother me one way or the other and the presenters are (on the whole) carp!! :D

For those who are interested in dog welfare, the KC have put in a few new rules:

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2234/23/5/3

I don't think that would be for this year, but for next year.

Presumably, if their contract runs out and they haven't been broadcasting they wouldn't get it renewed, so they would have to resume broadcasting before the contract runs out.

They won't want to lose out on the audience to another channel.

You see the thing that I don't understand is why so many people are saying they won't go this year, when they have been previous years. The breed standards were there for a number of years, it wasn't like the problems suddenly appeared last year or something.

Anyway I will be going, I think the KC should be encouraged (me being a strong believer in positive reinforcement rather than condemnation). Certainly they appear to be making moves in the right direction, I'm sure there are more things that can be done but it strikes me as a pretty good start.

Crufts coverage has always been piss poor anyway so I couldn't give a stuff whether the BBC is there or not, I'll be glad not to watch that twonk Fogle anyway.....

You see the thing that I don't understand is why so many people are saying they won't go this year, when they have been previous years. The breed standards were there for a number of years, it wasn't like the problems suddenly appeared last year or something.

Anyway I will be going, I think the KC should be encouraged (me being a strong believer in positive reinforcement rather than condemnation). Certainly they appear to be making moves in the right direction, I'm sure there are more things that can be done but it strikes me as a pretty good start.

Crufts coverage has always been piss poor anyway so I couldn't give a stuff whether the BBC is there or not, I'll be glad not to watch that twonk Fogle anyway.....

Kelly I only went the once in the late 90's . I then said NEVER again!! :)

Must agree with you there.

As my interest is the obedience and there was none shown last year, I won't miss the BBC broadcasts.

Exactly.

I don't like Crufts [far too many people in one place] but for the last couple of years DN have been given access to the press office and allowed to distribute our leaflets. For that its been worth going. I doubt we'll go this year but not because of the hoo ha, simply because its a pain in the backside organising stuff and as I say, too many people.

• 3 weeks later...