UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anybody Booked Their Holidays For This Year?

yena

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I have a job at your place? :wink:

sure if you want to work 7am - 6.30pm 7 days a week for about 6-8 weeks at a time, sometimes longer in peak times. No weekends off, no getting ratarsed and getting up midday saturday and no nights out at the weekend unless its a very special occasion so no trips to the pubs and clubs and restaurants every week.

We won't be going abroad but we'll be going to the usual home ed festival in June (no idea where it is at the moment as the venue has just changed, but it's usually in West Mersea in Essex) and the usual home ed camp in the Peaks in July.

We're also hoping to plan a 2 week extravaganza of touring the country with our tent and meeting up with lots of Fugees who are long ways away from us :biggrin: like Cumbria and Scotland and Yorkshire and the M1 :wink:

Yorkshire for college beginning of Feb for 4 days, again in Apr/May for a weekend, and again Julyish for another 4 days.

I do have a week booked at dumpledale in March though so will get a holiday with no work for once this year.

I am desperate though to go to Alaska, it's not going to happen this year (or probably next) but I'm starting to seriously look into it.

I was supposed to be going to San Antonio in Texas for work in Feb but that's been cancelled, hopefully I'll get to go to the engineering summit (if they eventually get round to doing one) and hopefully it won't be in the UK but somewhere nice (even if I will probably only see the airport and hotel).

As you may have noticed I'm not really bothered about going places where it's hot :D