UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Indys Agility Blog

DanishPastry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Indy and Enzo were on speed tonight :wacko: I don't think I have ever seen Indy so mad! She started out by having a go at 3 or 4 dogs even before we entered the sandschool... she is normally the nicest dog around! :mellow: I didn't make a big fuss about it though as it was obvious she was just over-excited.

Then we ran a course and she was just completely brain dead, there was no contact at all, just run run jump jump treats treats... when I touched her I could feel every muscle in her working, even when she stood still! :ohmy:

She was better after an hour :rolleyes:

When we came back here there was nobody in the stable so before Bibi drove off, we let them in our sandschool and they ran and ran like mad things, but I do believe she got it out of her system now, she has been quiet since we came in :laugh:

I've created a monster! :suicide_anim:

:happy:

didn't go today, as I went yesterday to a special training for all us who are competing on sunday. Bibi was nice enough to take me there eventhough she and Enzo is not going next sunday. The trainers said she could run with us, but when she saw the course they put up she decided not to, as it was quite complicated. Indy and Enzo got a really good run around before we started. We ALL made mistakes on it first time around, but the instructor who were bossing us around ( :happy: ) was really good!! We all had really good second and third runs. We also did another easier course afterwards, wich was good.

After we were done, Bibi and I drove to the beach where the dogs had another good long play/run because Enzo had been sitting in the car watching us all that time, and they really enjoyed it :)

Indy slept so well all afternoon :biggrin:

Hi - well done on the later courses. These dogs of our's like to take the micky sometimes don't they ? :rolleyes: Glad you all enjoyed it again.

We had a great time at our class last Saturday. The ground was soooo muddy I felt like Bambi on ice - I was afraid to run fast incase I slipped. Ruby did her 1st clear round :biggrin: AND she went over the dog walk at full height which, until now, she had refused to do and would only walk over it when it was at 1/2 height. We've yet to master the See-Saw....but we'll keep trying.

Agility rocks :biggrin:

We didn't win anything, but we have had a really good day with some really good runs! :biggrin:

First was agilty. The course started with jump, then the fly (don't actually know what you call it) and another jump. She mis-judged the fly and sort of crashed down in it, so that was a fault, but she went on as if nothing happened, jumped, and went into a bent tunnel (went in the right way as well :D ), another jump, over the dog walk, got all the contacts, through another tunnel, over 2 jumps, missed the 3rd but was over in second go, another jump and the tunnel again, this way from the other way in, a jump, the A frame, last jump and out. She was really good, got all her contacts, and she really looks for my help, so all mistakes are clearly my guiding gone wrong :happy:

at these DGI-events, you run twice on the same course, and your best result counts. Our second go was even better. She cleared the fly without problems, and in my ewxcitement I forgot to show her the next jump, so she ran around it. After that she did it perfect, no mistakes at all, and even with more speed than she has done before! :biggrin:

it was good enough that we came 10th out of 34 in our group :cool:

In the jumping she started out with a clear round :biggrin: she basically did nothing wrong at all, and was just brilliant!

The second run she refused to go in the second tunnel, for reasons not known to me, but I suspect it was because a bitxh in season had been on the course. Indy is very sensitive to smells. She finished it off fine when I eventually got her through though, and had a good last half of the run. We came 14th in that one with our clear round, because we aren't so fast yet :)

I am really happy with herm she did so well, and eventhough she was getting tired she was quite concentratd still for the jumping, and she didn't trot between the jumps as first time we were out, in september lol :happy:

I am very proud of her :wub:

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures..

Tonight was last training session of this year, we meet up again in the beginning of january. I took Indy without expecting anything at all, because I thought she might be tired from yesterday, but she worked brilliantly! She was concentrated and motivated and really up for it :biggrin:

I do think the break will do her good though, let it all sink in a bit, and I'm glad we ended with a couple of excellent days with agility.

:flowers: