UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Things Do You Wish Your Dog Could Do?

lil_me

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the merledogs - to stop acting like every walk is the first one in a bluddy month :rolleyes: Every time the harnesses come out, they boing all over the living room, whining and generally making mayhem. Then when we get in the car we get more boinging and whining and barking and general mayhem until they have got out of the car and had their first five minutes mad running, barging, barking and again, general mayhem :rolleyes:

Timmy and Max - stop feckin barking so much with excitement when we are out on walks. It drives me freakin nuts :rolleyes: Also stop having random pizzes in the house :rolleyes:

Love them all really :wub:

Edited by merledogs

Ah thought of another one

Bo - the dog guard is there to keep you in the back of the car, if we are parked up anywhere please do NOT climb through it (goodness knows how) to traipse mud and sand over the back seat, the passenger seat and ultimately the drivers seat while you wait for me (especially on the days when you have been in the sea and I have to sit on a wet seat afterwards)

Arran to stop thinking that every dog that come up to him wants to jump on him and that he doesn't need to have a pop at them, Abby that not every dog that comes up to her wants to chase her out of the park.

Never mind the dogs I wish I could realise that the dogs that bounce on Arran may just need to be told to bog of, then the poor wee soul could have a lot more freedom than I let him have.

dirtychicken - Have you thought of trying a ramp for Bran? We have one that was particularly useful for Megan

We have a ramp and he doesn't like it :rolleyes: Trouble is, we live on a very busy road and I don't have the space or time to mess about with him here :err: Any car training has to be done on the safety of my mum's driveway. Tis unimportant at the moment anyway as we are carless again :(

Ebbi, stop boinging like a demented puppy every time I produce (or even touch) a dog lead. You are an older lady so behave like one please. Oh,and don't go happily off with anyone who will fuss you, have you heard of loyalty? :rolleyes: :wub:

Kizzy, I wish you would be a little braver and not quiver and shake when anyone comes in. I wish you could realise that nobody will ever hurt you again. :wub:

Pixi, stop behaving like a guard dog ! You do not need to bark at every sound, kill all the dog beds and fiercely guard all the chews. :wub:

My 3 all have their little quirks but I love them anyway.

Teddy texas could do with learning a bit of subtlety; please. Dogs that have to be carried home because they cannot walk very far at all and only limp a few steps; should not go into full boing and run around the house mode, the moment they get through the door.

Please, at least, let me believe I have a mote of control in this relationship.

I was going to say live forever too :wub:

On a slightly more realistic note (or not perhaps!), I wish Max would learn to talk more quietly :rolleyes: but he could talk as loudly as he wants if he could live forever :wub: I wish Minnie-Moo could realise that we'd get there quicker if she didn't do her black kangaroo impression at the start of a walk :) I wish Sno could learn that he doesn't need to be scared of anything (though he's improved so much) and I wish Cassie could resist the urge to rush into the garden to look for any cat pooh that might have been left overnight :rolleyes:

But mostly I just wish they could all live forever :wub:

:mecry: If only all our precious ones could live forever.......

Leaving being an emotional wreck aside, I think it just shows all of our woofs have their little quirks.........but we love them too. I've giggled so much reading about others little 'habits', it's like men and toilet seats :sleep:

Luke's other ones have to be taking smalls to the postman or anyone else who comes to the door, thinks it's hilarious dumping my bra at the postmans feet (have got a bra bag to wash them in now so doesn't tend to get them :unsure: ) still takes the socks/knickers when dropped between washing machine and line, does nothing with them but then I have to go hunting for them. Just because you're half labrador doesn't mean you have to steal the toilet roll.....That people with sticks/canes don't just want to hurt you....That yes like many others you don't need to react as if you've never been walked before when the lead is touched....Oh and you're 30kg, not a lapdog at all, so please stop sitting on my knee as you're really heavy!

Edited by lil_me

Outside of living forever and being able to talk to me, I guess I wish Koda could occasionally keep all four paws on the ground, especially when meeting new people, he's very friendly and not at all horrid, but it's a bit off putting having a rottie boinging up and down. I would prefer that he wasn't such a hunter either, it would make walks more relaxing, as would not pulling on the lead. Also Koda, if you're reading this, then if you have to pick my shoes up, for goodness sake at least bring them back in the house again. Oh yes and PLEASE learn to wee without getting all over your front feet - there is nothing worse than cuddling up with you and finding out the hard way you have wee-wee paws again! And stop trying to steal my crumpets - I can see you from my computer desk!

I would have wished that Rudi didn't make a beeline for other dogs, even though he is sociable, but I've just realised that he doesn't do it anymore! :biggrin: I don't know what I'd wish for him to be honest, he's not really got any quirks I don't enjoy. He has pulled my trousers down in public - twice - I suppose I'd prefer that didn't happen again.