UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Meet & Greet For Gap

Yeti

The weather was kind to us yesterday - apart from a bit of light drizzle first thing it was fine in Northampton.

My thanks to Lisa (who pet sits for us) and Ann and Curly for coming down for a couple of hours first thing.

0812200003w400.jpg

And most of all to The Beasts 'coz it was them that everyone wanted to see. Troy, Mack and Rosie were on their feet from 10 'til 5:30 - mind you, they did rather enjoy all the attention.

Once again the people of Northampton were really generous and dontated £552.87. The Beastly Beasts will add to that to round it up to

£600

Nice to see Shadows old Christmas coat back in use :biggrin:

Monty loved it, thanks Claire - he was very snug and seasonal. (Kai wore a camp leopard print coat with pride later on :wink: )

Troy and Mack have this fundraising malarky down to an absolute fine art:

pick victim; approach; lean - preferably, one either side; do not stop leaning until said victim has coughed up money and given loads of cuddles; cling on for dear life if victim attempts an escape before depositing cash in tin!

However, all the Beasts were of course, stars for the day and people were no less generous that last year, despite these credit-crunched times; there were just less of them, as confirmed by the PAH staff.... I was amazed at those people that remembered the dogs by name from last year and had come back to see us again. I also reckon that there did seem to be more greyhound/lurcher awareness than I have ever come across before.

So a big thank you to the kind people of Northampton :flowers:

Thank you to the Beasties for a cracking fund raising day, that's a fab total for a meet and greet. We had an unbelievable fundraising weekend this weekend from stalls sellling everything you can think of from bric a brac to homemade cakes, jams and chutneys in Winchester to a street collection in Hanley to the Beastie's M&G in Northampton and another couple of P@H M&Gs a little further north. It was just terrific and we are so grateful to all our fantastic supporters without whom we could not function and we would not have such a long list of homed and saved hounds. Thanks again.