UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Some Sad News I Recieved Today - Tony Rip

Jackthelab

Today I recieved a phone call I was expecting but dreading, a lovely man who helped with the car parking at WHAM show for 3 years passed away on Saturday.

He was an incredible man and had a life filled with ups and downs.

I'd like to share his story with you....

He spent a few years on the streets, homeless until he was offered a lifeline.

Tony walked into an Army careers office as it was warm and asked if he could join, the Seargent who was manning the office told him that he needed an address, of course he couldn't give him one, so to see how comitted he was, the NCO gave him a fiver and told him to buy himself some clothes and have a shave, so off her went to the local baths and had a shower and shave, bought clothes from a charity shop and went back.

The NCO was so impressed that he asked Tony to come stay with him until he went off to train with the Army.

After many years he left and settled in Grays, Essex..sadly he developed Agrophobia later in life until he got is little Terrier Yogi.

Yogi and him were insperable, he would go everywhere with Tony, in fact that is how we met, down at Davy Down.

Tony was there come rain or shine, always had a friendly word for everyone and a treat for everyone's dog, all of the dogs loved Tony and Jack would run across the park if he saw him in the distance.

Sadly, Tony was diagnosed early this year with Prostate cancer, it was too advanced to treat, and he was very disappointed not to be able to come to WHAM show this year.

He will be sadly missed by every one who knew him at Davy Down.

His ashes are going to be scattered at Davy Down where he spent so much time with his dog.

Yogi has been adopted by one of his dog walking friends and now lives with a couple of other rescue dogs and will have a very happy life.

Tony...I hope you are looking down from Heaven and can see how you touched so many lives.

God bless you...x

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain.

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush.

I am in the graceful rush

of beautiful birds in circling flight.

I am the star shine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom;