UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Foster Boy Blue

tootsmazza

This is our foster boy Blue. Nell was very depressed on her own after Mason passed so I offered to take him for a bit,he's a two-year-old cat safe lurcher and may be going to a home this weekend.

Nell probably hopes he is, she doesn't mind the company but object to him throwing his toys on to her head!!!

blue3.jpg

blue2-1.jpg

blue4.jpg

awwwwww :wub: :wub:

does anyone else thinks he looks a keeper :rolleyes:

:) :)

LOL, thankfully his forever home looks like happening on Sunday so fingers crossed for him.

TBH I have my eye on a five-year-old boy who is struggling in the GAL kennels and needs a home as my next foster and if he and Nell get on he will be permanent.

We met him a couple of weeks ago at a walk and something about his size and demeanour really struck me.

I am leaving a week or so to make sure Blue settles cos if he is going to bounce I want him to be able to bounce back to me!!

I'd keep him in a flash and Nellie loves male company, but at just two, Blue is still more boy than man and a bit too bouncy for her really.

Also Blue is that rare thing of a lurcher/greyhound who is cat safe and there are so many groos/lurchers who are not and need homes that I would feel slightly guilty taking him when there is demand for just that sort of dog and I am used to, with Mason, handling cat haters!!

Hopefully all will work out.

Marie

Blue went to his forever home on Sunday and all seems to be going very well. Nel and Blue were both at my sitters when he was collected as I had to work and the poor girl almost jumped in my arms with relief when i arrived in the evening to take her home.

She looked so worried - a face she does very well - it was clear she thought she might be going somewhere else to.

It made my mind up that the next foster has to be a real potential keeper.

Nellie has been through so much in the last couple of months.

She lost the boy she was living with, came to me, lost Mason, Blue arrived and went and this weekend we move house!

Its a lot for an old girl.

I am hoping to see a potential new foster this weekend so I can introduce him next week when we are moved but want to be sure I make the right decision.

Nell is definitely a girl who likes male company and is happier with a boy who is in charge taking any pressure for her to be top dog away.

My sitter often has her partner's two greyhounds - an old boy of 12 and little girl of 8 - in her home along with her boy and Nell and she is flourishing in the pack environment.

She loves 12-year-old Roscoe and the other day I watched in amazement as Jessica the brindle girl lay with her head on Nell's stomach as they snoozed together.

When Nell arrived with me her aggression to other female dogs was frightening.

Clearly when she knows she is not the boss she settles with the pack.

I still feel a boy is the only permanent companion - and I admit I miss having my big lad in the house, they're just dafter :rolleyes:

We just have to find a confident boy. I know I will not find one as confident or as laidback as my Mason who was extraordinarily chilled but I am sure there is a boy out there in kennels just waiting to fill his sofa and make Nellie happy.

Marie x

• 2 months later...

Just a wee update on Blue, I meet him and his new family regularly and he is thriving. He is with a family with a 12-year-old girl who adores him and is learning new things all the time. He turns out to be part Collie, which explains his 'smarts', he really is a clever boy, and is offlead and well behaved all the time, which is fantastic.

He is very happy and doing really well. I'm almost jealous but I know my home was made for a Byron not a Blue!!

Marie