UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Question For Peeps With Curly Hair

mom2jesse

I have naturally curly hair..not mega curly but soft gentle curls but the only problem being is the longer my hair gets the straighter on the top it gets and I generally have to wash my hair everyday (or put it up but its at a bob stage so putting up is difficult) - for those of you that have curly hair (natural or permed) what hair products do you use ie: shampoo/conditioner/mousse/gel etc and what brands?

ta :)

I never ever straighten my hair - had it done once and didnt like it, I dont suit straight hair at all.

I have been using frizeze products for years but my hair is fine and sometimes wonder if the frieze is too heavy - I do alternate products/shampoos etc too

Edited by mom2jesse

I use Aussie hair care products on my curly hair. It sounds as though our hair is fairly similar. I rarely straighten mine, although when I do it looks really really long! If I want to keep defined curls that won't go frizzy over the course of the day I use their anti frizz conditioning whatsit, but I don't use it often, normally only if I'm going out somewhere special

The shampoos/conditioner I use are either the luscious long, colour mate (cos I dye mine a deep red), or miracle moist, mainly depending on what is in the shop at the time. I also use their 3 minute miracle conditioners and use it once or twice a week.

I've been using herbal essences recently as it was on offer and smelt nice, I'll be going back to aussie as soon as i've finished it up as my hair has gone really dry even though I bought the moisturising version.

I have naturally curly hair, I use Paul Mitchell's Detangler conditioner, it's fab and I have used it for about 15 years now and have tried others in between and it's the best I've found. My hair probably always looks a mess but that just matches the rest of me :) I use Paul Mitchell's mousse for styling too. The products aren't tested on animals either, which was important to me - a lot of the products are made by P&G, L'Oreal etc and are tested :(

I wash and condition my hair with the aussie stuff :wub: and then coat it with a serum while it is wet, I mix curl cream and mousse together and slap that on too :rolleyes: I vary what products I buy but at the moment am using the Aussie mousse and Charles Worthington curl cream :) I let it dry naturally and then blow my fringe straight. I use finishing cream and Elnett hairspay to finish off. I use loads of stuff in the battle against frizz :rolleyes:

I don't wash my hair every day and only get it blow dried straight when I have it cut cos I have not got the patience or ability to do it :rolleyes: :laugh:

Shampoo and conditioner wise I use products from www.greenpeople.co.uk - wonderful, natural, chemical free and vegan

The only styling product I use is Frizz-Ease. I don't know the vegan status of it but it's not tested on animals. A lot of the other products mentioned - Herbal Essences, Elnett, Aussie - are I'm afraid.

I don't straighten my hair - I'm curly and proud :laugh:

I wash with Treseme shampoo (big big bottle really cheap from Costco) and condition with Pantene Ice shine, but currently using an old bottle of Silvikrin for Flat hair. I then mousse with the brown Pantene mousse. I am trying to grow mine a bit longer, and like you OP, as soon as it gets a bit too long, the weight of it pulls the curl/wave out. This combination seems to work for me, and I give it a helping hand by drying it as much as possible with my head tipped forward or to the side to get as much volume in as possible, then finish off with a cool blast.

out of intrest is there a list of indivdual items that are tested on animals on the internet ? ( and what types of tests )

I know we often talk about brands ( like P&G etc ) but it would be helpful for me if I could look by product rather than brand as I tend to think in terms of products

re hair I tend to use Lush or Avon , Avon do a leave in conditionor which is pretty good at stopping my hair doing frizzy in Sri Lanka ( due to the humidity ) and its very cheap as well. I have not used it in the UK but It might work in our not so humid weather

when long-oh so many years ago-my hair is wavy rather then curly.

i love reincarnate shampoo (lush) for brunettes

Jungle-solid conditioner-again lush.

the hairdresser-when doing my dykey do a la helly & Claz always comments what great condition my hair is in when i use these products

fee