UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Quick Question

AnnS

Is it the customer's responsibility to take card from machine once transaction is complete or the member of staff's to. Just put petrol in at garage and thankfully another customer chased after me to say I had left my card. I had asked for a vat receipt and was handed a couple of folded up receipts and I assumed my card was amongst the receipts. Customer did say that the same thing had happened to her at same garage at weekend.

AnnS

That's what I thought was odd, in all the time I've used the chip and pin system I've never left my card or not been given my card, the assistant didn't even say anything when I went back just handed me it, in fact the whole transaction had been silent, no hello, thanks or anything. Bit odd.

AnnS

I think it's my responsibility to take the card, but I also think that if that happened to me I'd phone my bank for advice, particularly as someone else said the same thing happened to them.

Garages are apparently major risks for card cloning, better safe than sorry, particularly if it's a debit card not a credit card.

Garages are notorious!

Keep an eye on your bank account....i am at present without a bank card as I had to cancel it on Monday as someone has kindly cleared my account up to its overdraft limit!!

I watch my card like a hawk and don't know how my details got out...but its damned annoying watching their transactions come up on my statement :angry:

My daughter works in Waitrose - always seems like a place where they do things "properly" (customer service etc). The staff are encouraged not to touch bank cards at all but to ask the customer to place them in the machine and remove it when the transaction is complete. So I reckon it's probably the recommended method.

Thanks folks will be much more careful in future. Last night my online bank account was emptied not though from this card but my Halifax card. They removed my cash including overdraft so my account is suspended. I bought something online from an apparently secure site, literally seconds after making my purchase I received an email apparently from my bank asking me to update details which I stupidly did, had it happened later on I think I would have been suspicious. I phoned the bank at once and it's now being dealt with by the fraud people.

I will get all my cash back and have to say the Halifax have been excellent in sorting this out.

AnnS