UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Open Sesame

houndzrus

Have you ever had a dog that just doesn't "get it" and then struggles with the simplest things? Cherry is one of those. She's very bright, but has always been a bit different (in a nice way). She can learn something perfectly one day, and totally forget it the next. this is her lastest perceived "problem" and her ongoing efforts to put it right. :rolleyes:

Spike and Cherry are fed in the consevatory, and the door from the kitchen is usually left open for them to come back in once finished. If the door is closed Spike will give just one bark and we let them in. This is how it's been for the four years since Cherry has been here.

In the past few months Cherry, who has always been a bit slow on the learning front, has decided that it's a great idea to bark EVERY time she wants to come in, whether the door is closed or not! :unsure: We go out and there she is sitting waiting patiently, Anyhow, we worked on it and when she barked we just told her to push the door. (or come in if the door was open) this she did and hey, what a surprise, she could get in after all. :laugh:

Today she had a lightbulb moment in her little mind, which has obviously been working on this "problem" for some time. What she does now is bark then lunge at the door to get in. :huh:

I think that with the progress she's making, just another six months to go and she will crack this open door issue, and just walk in like Spike does! He's always first back to the fireside :laugh:

I love my Shpesul Girl. :wub:

628c6896.jpg

Anyone else's dogs get things wrong?

Edited by houndzrus

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Cherry :wub:

You're obviously just misunderstanding what is going on here, Marge :rolleyes:

Let me explain. Commoners (ie. Spike) walk through open doors for themselves without a moment of attention from anybody. Royalty (ie. Cherry) need to make sure that the staff are aware of the fact that she is making an entrance :D Silly you :laugh:

Let me explain. Commoners (ie. Spike) walk through open doors for themselves without a moment of attention from anybody. Royalty (ie. Cherry) need to make sure that the staff are aware of the fact that she is making an entrance :D Silly you :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ Princess Cherry! Perhaps she should get new staff. :rolleyes:

Oh dear I see what you mean from your post in rmf. Cherry and Fergus would make a right pair :laugh:

Despite all doors being open he is the only one who can go upstairs and have to be let out of the room. He won't think to let you know where he is. Just stand there until lets him back out. Then goes all giddy with relief.

:wub: Fergus.

I've just remembered Spike's "senior moment" at the Oldies club camping weekend. he went to sleep facing away from us just outside of the group. Of course, when he woke up he thought he was all on his own as there was no one in front of him :unsure: we called and called him and eventually he looked behind and saw us. he was very surprised! :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

Cherry :wub: