UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Clever Poopie Brag

dirtychicken

Please just indulge me for a little while :flowers: I've not had the "pleasure" of having to train up a puppy from scratch before and I was expecting it to be a difficult task.

Fortunately, Flora has taken over her share of the training and Bran has been offering lots of behaviours that I was planning on training him just because he's seen Flora offering them :wub: I've not even got as far as introducing the clicker yet and he already knows most of the commands that Flora knows, plus responds very quickly to them.

Yesterday, I got to display his recall to Sophie for the first time and she was gobsmacked. We'd walked him up to the shop on a loose lead and got him to sit at each kerb and not jump up at people and to wait nicely with Sophie whilst I was in the shop with no bother at all :wub: On the way home, we stopped at the park for him to have a little run around. There were several dogs that he went to say hello to but when I called him away he left them immediately, ignoring them if they followed him. We then asked him to sit and wait whilst looking at me (who had no treats) while Sophie walked several metres away, then called him (she had treats but he didn't know that until he got there). He went to her with no hesitation at all :wub: Whilst walking across the field, we walked straight past a group of boys playing football that Bran was watching, but he trotted at my heel without even thinking about leaving my side. I am so very, very proud of him :wub: :wub:

This morning, they've been practising Down Stay (one of Flora's particularly strong commands having just learnt to do a *very* fast distant Down Stay :wub: ):

Down1.jpg

Down2.jpg

Down3.jpg

Down4.jpg

There was even a cat sat on the stairs going "ner ner ner ner ner" - as you can probably tell from their eyes :rolleyes: - but they stayed put :biggrin:

I am a very proud Mummy :biggrin: :wub:

:wub: :wub: what a clever and lovely pair of dogs, I do like to see obedient dogs x

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah I do to....not seen any for years at my place though!!!! :laugh:

:flowers: Well done Sarah, he's a credit to you and the kids. (Have to admit though I was the same as you and totally shocked how easy poopies are to train when I got Sidney!! I was so used to naughty holligans!! :rolleyes: )

:wub: Bran you are a very clever (and obedient) little lad. Tell your mum you need to go play in the mud at Brean :D

His mum knows :D She just has no transport at the moment, but organising a Brean Walk will be priority number one when I am mobile again (if for no other reason than to give Bran the opportunity to prove me a liar and spend the whole time running around oblivious to my calling :laugh: ) :flowers:

Don't they make you feel proud ? :biggrin:

Those are smashing friends as well it seems - well done

They are fab friends and have a wonderful relationship :wub: