UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ben The Now Mobile Labrador

Jimcoted

Ben suffered a herniated disc and had not walked unaided since last October. There had been signs of recovery with him having hydrotherapy but sadly although he was getting some movement it wasn't graduating to a full recovery so his owners ordered a cart from me. We built if but I was still somewhat sceptical as to how long it would take for him to actually use it. From past experience Labradors can be either gung ho or lazy. I was uncertain as to which slot Ben would fit. I put him in it, adjusted it and Ben stood there. Paula, his owner said "Come on Ben" and Ben was gone.

Here he is in photographs and on You Tube

100_0230.jpg

100_0231.jpg

Click to view

Jim

How wonderful, thankyou Jim for helping one of my beloved breed :flowers:

He was a pleasure to help and just so happy once he was able to run around again. Bent down to say goodbye to him and got a massive kiss like he knew what I had done for him. They were taking him to the woods this afternoon, they live absolutely opposite them, literally just cross the lane or walk a few yards past my car( the green one in the picture) and the woods start. I bet he sleeps ok tonight.

Jim

It is very much down to the design of the cart. There are some absolute horrors out there. The lady in the wheelchair I put on You Tube recently had bought one, the dog could not use it because it caused her to tear her paws to pieces dragging along the ground. There is another than causes bad chafing underneath the dog to the extant that one lady had put a nappy between the harness and the dog to stop this. This design is great which is why I am building them. I can put a GSD into one of these in about 30 seconds so very little time for the dog to get stressed out before it learns what this thing can do for them. If you go to my wesbite Jim's website and download the pdf from the About Us page you will be able to see what other rubbish is out there and it ain't cheap. What absolutely sickens me is that some dogs end up being put to sleep through this rubbish with the owner mistakenly thinking that the dog just will not use a cart never knowing that it is the cart and not the dog that is the problem. I have done hundreds of dogs in these ones.