UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Dental Related Question For The All-knowing Fugees.

phoebejo

On Monday I noticed I had chipped one of my back teeth. It's at the bottom and the chip is on the inside of the tooth and I can play with it with my tongue. It annoys me greatly. It was only tiny but annoying nonetheless.

This morning the chip has grown a little bit and the bit of tooth that broke off was in me gob :rolleyes: It was barely bigger than a grain of sand. The annoying bit is now sharper than it was before and annoying me even more which I never knew was possible :laugh:

I don't have an NHS dentist anymore. We can't register at the dentists in Faringdon and had managed to find one in a nearby town that'd take us. Molly has since transferred to a different dentists and I'm hoping to get us all in with him because he's lovely. Our dentists was a private practice and they've got rid of their nhs dentist, hence we are at the moment without one. So I'm taking matters into my own hands, or so I think. All I need to do is file the edge of this tooth. I need to know if I can use a nail file or will that make it worse? I say it'll be fine, the kids say it'll end up bumpy and even more annoying. What do you lot think?

It'll smooth out on its own in no time - just leave it and chew lots on that side :flowers:

I agree, unless it's cutting your mouth / tongue.

Don't think a nail file will have much effect ('cept make the hair on your neck stand on end) :wacko:

Try a strip of fine emery (or wet 'n' dry) paper.

I chipped one of my front teeth ages ago and the dentist said he could file it down smooth but his equipment is so fierce it would remove loads of tooth. He said I was better off just using a nail file or an emery board. So I did and it was fine. Everyone around me cringed but I didn't feel a thing. I always do it when I get a rough bit of tooth now. Which is all the time now that I've reached such an advanced age.

Diane