UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kill It, Skin It, Wear It!

boosboss

I couldn't watch. I know what happens. I just didn't have the energy to watch it and feel so bloody powerless to stop it :(

For those of you who haven't seen this, this pic was what I was up to last weekend :rolleyes: :

Fur-less1.jpg

The Sporran is still made from real fur and its the middle of the tourist season and almost all the tourist shops are selling real fur sporrans :err:

Celeste - if you feel strongly enough, I'm on the stall outside Register House again 12 - 2 p.m. this weekend - will have clothes on this time :wink:

I agree the killing of the Mink at the farm did seem humane but to me the way they were reared was no better than battery hens, keeping them in tiny cages that didn't appear ( I didn't see all of that bit) to have any bedding or hidy-hole, to my mind was cruel.

the bit of cage right in the front is a little box with some bedding in it, so they have a place to snuggle, but I agree the cages are very small.

But is it killing just for fashion when all other body parts are used too? In the case of the mink in Denmark nothing at all is wasted. I was a vegetarian for ten years but have been eating meat again for seven years now. I have to feed a large family on a tight budget and cannot afford to have morals but I'd prefer for the bodies of the animals we eat and wear to be put to full use than parts be wasted. In truth I don't know where the leather in my kids shoes originated, I don't know if that animal was humanely killed or if it's body was wasted. I know that most of my dogs meat is British and therefore has lived by certain, albeit very basic, standards. I can't account for the remainder.

I know it's slightly off topic but how do we know we're not inadvertantly supporting the fur industry at all ever if we don't know the exact details of the lives and deaths of the animals we 'use'?