UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Failed Again

Yeti

Your flabbers will gahsted and you will no doubt be prone to collapsing prostrate on the floor if a feather is so much as waved in your direction, but we've failed again.

It was a year today - near enough to the minute as I write this - that I was over at Salcey Forest with The Beastly Beasts and our latest foster - Mack.

He had been staying at Grandma Squiggs having been delivered a few weeks earlier as a bag of bones. Nursed back to full strength he'd tried taking Grandma Squiggs and Gracie (her own grey) for a walk through a hedge to get at one of the local feline population; I was called because Grandma Squiggs while not stirred was definitely shaken and she didn't want him to go back into kennels. (You can click here to read Troy's post about it).

0707310009w400.jpg

Mack having a lie down on his first walk with The Beastly Beasts

(he doesn't lie down on walks any more :biggrin: )

In August a young lady came to see Mack. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Fortunately he got to go to Swallows Dance a few weeks later - so it wasn't all bad.

As the months went by with no further interest in a lad that I think is stunningly handsome, lovable and very affectionate, we came to an arrangement - Mack could only stay with us as a foster for 12 months.

12 months was up yesterday, and - yes - it's what you all knew anyway:

Mack is now a permanent member of The Beastly Beasts

No longer a foster, but family; not so much found his own sofa - more doesn't have to look for another one.

He is a brilliant lad and fits in so well with the others. There is not a mean bone in his body and from a year ago has calmed down a lot - though he still has his "mads" when out - usually with Rosie.