UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Phone Help

Sarah_H

Over the last 3 months I've started getting calls fro ma Credit company asking to speak to S Peach, who I have no idea who she is.

Now I've got debt collection companies calling as well, and automated credit company lines asking for S Peach to call urgently quoting reference numbers.

I've had mobile phone calls as well and this afternoon a very surreal phonecall with a bloke called Tony who was arguing as to why i don't remember him from friday night.... now I'm sure him and S Peach had a great night but it certainly didn't involve me and nor would I want it to.

Ive got caller ID on my phone and call barring for withheld numbers but is there anything else I can do to stop this cow giving out my number as her own?

Its now at at least one call a day for her. We don't get any mail and as I'm the first owner of this house shes neverl ived here.

All a bit confusing

I had this a few months ago, have you spoken to thecredit comapny/debt collectors and explained to them that you have no idea who this S Peach is ?

Mine turned out to be a wrong phone number someone had noted down and was sorted eventually but I did have to threaten them with nuisance call action :mad1:

I would be more worried about calls to my mobile as well though, sounds like someone is having a joke at your expense

Phone the BT nuisance calls people.They will set you up with a number that you have to dial when the nuisance caller rings you and it blocks that number from ever being able to ring you again.It's free for the first month.You can do it with unlimited numbers phoning in to yours so it sounds just what you need.

ETA The BT Nuisance Calls number is 0800 411422 and they are open weekdays office hours I think.

Edited by Kats inc

Tell the police. Someone may have stolen your identity...the money side of it alone is alarming! you could end up on a credit black list for something that isn't your doing.

I agree about the Police. If it were just one phone call that could be a case of mistaken identity, but for them to end up with your mobile as well, that sounds like someone taking the pizz.

Tell the police, as someone may have been using your address and phone details to get credit. This happened to me, and if I had not contacted the debt collection companies concerned I would have had bailiffs at the door.

No one knows where i live or has my home number, they don't know that I run BCR at work so wouldn't connect the two.

So I doubt its someone from work. I will contact the police as its happened alot the last week or two. I've checked my credit score on experian and its in the 90's so I don't think they've stolen my identity. I'll try and get a bit more information the next time someone calls like what address are the registered as, to see if its mine or another with the wrong phone number. I don't get mail to S Peach.

:wacko:

Well just had a phonecall from a consumer credit company... and they gave me her address. So i know where she now lives and have phoned the police. They don't know if there is anything they can do but are going to look into it and call me back.